Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Total cop out from Sarri in his interview......misunderstanding, thought he had cramp etc

His body language and eyes tell a different story though.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
It's Chelsea.
Nothing will happen to the player, the manager is gone.
What was Luiz saying under his hand when next to the keeper for the whole event?

Sarri should have sat on the bench and made the 4th official keep the board up.....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Total cop out from Sarri in his interview......misunderstanding, thought he had cramp etc

His body language and eyes tell a different story though.

He's a busted flush at Chelsea, he's got no authority over the players at all. He may as well go to the board tomorrow and negotiate his pay off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember reading the story of Winston Bogarde, signed on a good salary but something went wrong and he was told he would never play again for the club and that he had best accept a transfer. Trouble was, no one was willing to pay the wage he was getting at Chelsea so he turned down every offer. However, he turned up EVERY day for training, on time, did not put a foot wrong and even trained on his own it seems so Chelsea could not sack him for breach of contract... ended up leaving at the end of his contract a rich man !.

Indeed. Chelsea are vile. An oligarch club, where no decision is necessary if it has no debilitating financial consequences. Although maybe that makes sense....as long as it doesn't affect club morale.

I do wonder however if Chelsea are a bit cautious about pima donnas after the Mutu affair. Apparently he still owed Chesea over 17 million Euros after 3 FIFA rulings, and yet carried on playing despite bans (lastly in India).

Anyway, it's all nonsense really.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
what exactly are they trying to hide what they are saying and why?because they don’t want the whole world to know what they’re saying

No TV, and no press analysis of what the player is saying in a private conversation to another player = no mouth covering. Why should we know what two players are saying to each other? I get that some folk would like to know, but why should we know?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No TV, and no press analysis of what the player is saying in a private conversation to another player = no mouth covering. Why should we know what two players are saying to each other? I get that some folk would like to know, but why should we know?

Its a football match not Brexit negotiations...so what do they have to hide? they are not conducting business.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Its a football match not Brexit negotiations...so what do they have to hide? they are not conducting business.

So you’d be quite happy if your boss rigged up cameras and microphones at your place of work and recorded, publicised and then analysed everything you said during your working day? Assuming you’re not involved in Brexit negotiations, obviously.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Put a big sign up over the players entrance 'Kepa cost all of you your cup win bonus',and see how long it takes for him to go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That, and also if they are saying anything abusive/controversial, they don’t want a lip-reader brought in to help confirm the evidence.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Sarri's interview was damage control, the last thing he needs is more negative media attention on the club. This came just as they were improving tremendously too. Likely he was also urged by the club board to frame it that way. Deep down he probably wants to stick one of his cigarettes into Keppa's eye. Likely cost them the penalties too because Caballero is without question better at saving those.

If Sarri isn't sacked, I fulled expect Keppa to sit the bench for a very long time and for the captains armband to switch from Azplilicueta to someone like Rudiger. Infuriating and shameful.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

I'm waiting for a mouth shield that is held by elastic bands over players/officials mouths.....it's coming I'm sure

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
This came just as they were improving tremendously too. Caballero is without question better at saving those.

Chelsea improving? They’ve beaten Malmo over two legs. Fishergate Flyers U13 could have done that.

Caballerro could not catch a cold. He has been stealing a living as a Premier League #2 for years. Did you see him at the WC for Argentina? A shambles of a goal keeper, he makes Graeme Smith look like DeGea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here