Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Who at Wembley July 06

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not seen this posted before so just a heads up for those who want to see the shell of a once great band live :wink:

Had a quick look at ticket prices out of interest and saw two eye watering packages on offer

Pinball Wizard hospitality £660 and My Generation hospitality at over £400 :ohmy:

AMEX are offering tickets for £78.70 though, best seats over £200

Other acts include Eddie Vader, Kaiser Chiefs and Imelda May

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Saw them two years ago and they put on a good show.

As you say, 'a shell' but it was worth it to tap along to the tunes.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not seen this posted before so just a heads up for those who want to see the shell of a once great band live :wink:

Had a quick look at ticket prices out of interest and saw two eye watering packages on offer

Pinball Wizard hospitality £660 and My Generation hospitality at over £400 :ohmy:

AMEX are offering tickets for £78.70 though, best seats over £200

Other acts include Eddie Vader, Kaiser Chiefs and Imelda May

All seats....sign of the age of most of their audience these days??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw them two years ago and they put on a good show.

As you say, 'a shell' but it was worth it to tap along to the tunes.
Yes, a shell; it can never be The Who without the other two.

I haven't seen them live, but I'm sure Townshend and Daltrey, with a backing band, can and do put on a good show. I kind of wish they would go out as 'Townsend and Daltrey' (or Daltrey and Townshend) now tough - calling themselves The Who just doesn't seem right.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

I haven't seen them live, but I'm sure Townshend and Daltrey, with a backing band, can and do put on a good show. I kind of wish they would go out as 'Townsend and Daltrey' (or Daltrey and Townshend) now tough - calling themselves The Who just doesn't seem right.

Seen them live in all of their line-ups.

Even now, they are superb live. Daltrey can't quite belt out the notes as he once could, but they are still magnificent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always thought it was Blue Cheer. Saw them in an open air concert in Nijmagen in Holland playing Summertime Blues at a deafening level. Never saw the Who though...

https://www.jambase.com/article/blue-cheer-harder-n-louder-than-the-rest

Turns out it was another gig in 76.

F95D8620-4339-4F4B-95EA-1F0AE8D2C4D0.png

I went to gigs in the 80’s, and wonder if some later hearing loss was caused by that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Turns out it was another gig in 76.

View attachment 104881

I went to gigs in the 80’s, and wonder if some later hearing loss was caused by that.

I saw Blue Cheer in the late 60’s so the volumes probably did increase over the next couple of decades!

I remember watching Third World in Brighton and feeling my chest pumping in and out with the bass, it was a worrying experience!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Mate if it’s in July 06 the ticket prices are the least to your worries- it’s the Delorean to get there that’s really going to cost you..

a335d1f3e4e220d05b017bc57831c5a8.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Deep Purple, Yes, Wishbone Ash.......... How many original band members entitle you to keep the group name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here