Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
In the Stephens story in The Argus AN also says we have turned down bids for AK and LD from Newcastle over the weekend.

You can't even read that article properly...what are the chances of you misunderstanding every rumour you have ever overheard or been told?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I met a Brighton player yesterday quite unexpectedly - probably unfair to name him as he was very generous with his time and was very candid and unguarded in his answers to the handful of questions I threw at him.

He thinks it's highly unlikely that Knoackaert will leave this week and says that the club would turn down any bid for Dunk.

However he believes Stephens is our best player and is not so confident he's sticking around. Though he didn't seem to think it was inevitable he'd be going.

Not sure how a player would know but I sort of agree, for the most part, spot on

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Try reading the online app version as son has just shown me it on his phone but I must admit I mixed it up it it was Newcastle bid for AK and Palace for LD. It could be a rehash of a previous story.

They remain resolute in their determination to to keep hold of Stephens, Anthony Knockaert and Lewis Dunk before the transfer window shuts on Wednesday night.

‘Not for sale’ signs have been slapped on Stephens, Newcastle target Knockaert and Dunk, who attracted interest from Crystal Palace earlier in the summer.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14709867.Albion_reject_fourth_Burnley_bid_for_Stephens/

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In the Stephens story in The Argus AN also says we have turned down bids for AK and LD from Newcastle over the weekend.

Read it again:

They remain resolute in their determination to to keep hold of Stephens, Anthony Knockaert and Lewis Dunk before the transfer window shuts on Wednesday night.

‘Not for sale’ signs have been slapped on Stephens, Newcastle target Knockaert and Dunk, who attracted interest from Crystal Palace earlier in the summer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Try reading the online app version as son has just shown me it on his phone but I must admit I mixed it up it it was Newcastle bid for AK and Palace for LD. It could be a rehash of a previous story.

Yes, BG, the Argus are CLEARLY talking about the earlier bids for Knocky and Dunky...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I misread it being in very small type on my sons phone sorry for the confusion. They shouldnt allow us oldies to use phones for anything other than make calls.:smile:

LoL! Nice one, BG... :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes I misread it being in very small type on my sons phone sorry for the confusion. They shouldnt allow us oldies to use phones for anything other than make calls.:smile:

Or the internet for that mater.... :jester: :kiss:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Newcastle getting Chelsea winger Christian Atsu on season long loan with option to buy.
Looks like there pursuit of AK is over.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle getting Chelsea winger Christian Atsu on season long loan with option to buy.
Looks like there pursuit of AK is over.

Yes, saw that... is Atsu a right-winger? If so, I would be VERY surprised if they came back in for AK...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Soccer sauces saying Palace bid 11 million for knocky!

I guess one of us had better get to Crystals sharpish to find out the truth.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I met a Brighton player yesterday quite unexpectedly - probably unfair to name him as he was very generous with his time and was very candid and unguarded in his answers to the handful of questions I threw at him.

He thinks it's highly unlikely that Knoackaert will leave this week and says that the club would turn down any bid for Dunk.

However he believes Stephens is our best player and is not so confident he's sticking around. Though he didn't seem to think it was inevitable he'd be going.

Best player? Some on here don't even think he's our best central midfielder.

It's ok though, apparently Norwood can just slip in and everything will be fine. At worst, he's 'easily replaceable'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll give Palace the benefit of the doubt, and say that's not true.

Were it to be true however, what makes these ***** think it wise to make your bid 2 days before the window closes?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]770248534448824320[/tweet]

I see Mr Sauce has decided to get in on the act. I'm sure if there is a vote for the worst transfer account then then this one isn't far off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Never believe anything that account says. It's all speculation. He picks a bunch of plausible transfers, often taken from elsewhere, and claims that his sources have told him. Apparently Pritchard was off to Newcastle. Although, in fairness, he may have taken a wrong turning somewhere around Huntingdon...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That might be the same point. I think it's fair to say that some do think Stephens is our best player though.

Assuming it's genuine, which I can't think of a reason why [MENTION=3418]Monkey Man[/MENTION] would make it up, that is the third time we have heard directly from the team itself how highly they rate Dale.

Yet quite a few of our fans on here, not the majority granted, seem to think a) Sidwell or Norwood will slip in and nothing will change or b) he can be replaced quite easily.

It's alarm bells for me if he leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here