Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Based on the home performances thus far what would be the point of getting the ball into the box early?

Maupay hits the danger areas early, and like Murray flashing a header wide in the first half from an early ball in, the two of them if you are playing them both are in there. Connolly looked bright too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maupay hits the danger areas early, and like Murray flashing a header wide in the first half from an early ball in, the two of them if you are playing them both are in there. Connolly looked bright too.

Hmmmm I'm not convinced.
Maupay and Connolly are deffo 'on the shoulder' strikers.
The rest of the team seem keen to put AC straight through as opposed cross for him, while Maupay is certainly a sniffer but I'm not sure he's that different.

Oh and Connolly is clearly shitehouse.

#ReversePsychology.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Best of all is flexible when plan not working - as changes after 30 minutes yesterday evidenced

Interesting, that on the radio Warren spotted the problem after about a minute. Left footer on right and right footer on left.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I wished I could share your confidence about dropping into the bottom three, as defeat at Newcastle next weekend could see us there

Equally, if we’d held on at the death on Saturday we’d be up to 11th, above Everton and a point behind Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal & Leicester. Early days to be worrying about the table and the bottom three.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t worry. Last year Burnley raced to a 3-0 nil lead I think and took all three points. Stains similarly outplayed us.

Only we battered Burnley last season and got nothing, Stains I agree.

Heaton had a blinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Heaton had a blinder.

It’s about time our keeper had a blinder...it’s been a long long time I think

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Equally, if we’d held on at the death on Saturday we’d be up to 11th, above Everton and a point behind Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal & Leicester. Early days to be worrying about the table and the bottom three.

trouble is we need those points on the board, not hope that we'll get them later.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As much as the 2 points at home so far this season is a concern, I think we may be basing some anxieties about getting points at home on our time under Hughton, where next to no points were available away.

I think under Potter we will get more points against the bottom 14 away from home than we did under Hughton. Comfortably more, in fact. I hope will help cancel out the frustrating return so far. Very much enjoying the football as it's fascinating watching us and trying to work out the systems now. The freedom it has allowed Propper for some lovely passing and movement has been great to watch also.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some lovely stuff being played , of course we'll make mistakes along the way , the players have to completely change their style of play , and most importantly their actual mindset , everything under CH was based on do not concede , it's now we have to score , i know which mindset football i want to watch .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Heaton had a blinder.

Agreed that once we belatedly woke up we attacked well and Heaton was quality. Plus the no pen.

But to concede goals at home against a then struggling Burnley side was shocking and also very telling of what was to come. Bmuff took that to another level and the rest is history. We’re led to believe that those pathetic home games led to TB pulling the trigger.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Generally I am really enjoying watching the transition. Saturday first half was the only time I can say we weren’t playing well, but we had what you assume we’re going to be our 2 starting wing backs out.

What really concerns me is our options up top. We are one Maupay injury away from a complete disaster IMO. I love Muzza but he just can’t play in the role with this style and lets be honest Connolly is a complete unknown despite his record at U23s.

Already with Trossard out and Ali J MIA the options on Saturday were so limited when it came to attacking changes.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Generally I am really enjoying watching the transition. Saturday first half was the only time I can say we weren’t playing well, but we had what you assume we’re going to be our 2 starting wing backs out.

What really concerns me is our options up top. We are one Maupay injury away from a complete disaster IMO. I love Muzza but he just can’t play in the role with this style and lets be honest Connolly is a complete unknown despite his record at U23s.

Already with Trossard out and Ali J MIA the options on Saturday were so limited when it came to attacking changes.

I am very concerned after watching on Saturday that we have so few options up front. The club has taken a gamble and we need to hope it pays off.

Saturday, i thought we were not good enough and agree that Murray doesnt seem to be able to play the role.

It could be a long season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Turning that on its head a little, last season we relied on Muzza, with Andone and JL ineffective.

Now we have Maupay and Trossard who look the business.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
But Potter made a decision based on this, and their respective attitudes, and decided all things considered it was better to ship them out than keep them.

Then surely they should have been SOLD in the summer and the proceeds reinvested. Ali J is just a spare part that has contributed absolutely nothing since joining. He could have gone too and helped fill the pot. Izzy out injured. An old man or a young kid to lead the line.

Potter made the decision and I'm not saying it was the wrong decision. But it was certainly made at the wrong time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I am very concerned after watching on Saturday that we have so few options up front.
It could be a long season.

It will be a longish season, same as last season . . . but we do have more options up front I think, and players we know can deliver. There's a formula that will work against teams with the players we have. We need Trossard back ASAP . . .it will be nice to see if Izzy and AJ can fit into the scheme of things as well. Assuming they're fit/good enough in GP's eyes. At the moment Maupay and Trossard are the leading line with March and Gross feeding.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It will be a longish season, same as last season . . . but we do have more options up front I think, and players we know can deliver. There's a formula that will work against teams with the players we have. We need Trossard back ASAP . . .it will be nice to see if Izzy and AJ can fit into the scheme of things as well. Assuming they're fit/good enough in GP's eyes. At the moment Maupay and Trossard are the leading line with March and Gross feeding.

I think we can right AJ off. Considering he has not even been named on the bench so far and also last season didnt look up to it.

Maupay is unpoven at this level, Connelly is an unknown entity and Trossard and Izquierdo are injury probe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then surely they should have been SOLD in the summer and the proceeds reinvested. Ali J is just a spare part that has contributed absolutely nothing since joining. He could have gone too and helped fill the pot. Izzy out injured. An old man or a young kid to lead the line.

Potter made the decision and I'm not saying it was the wrong decision. But it was certainly made at the wrong time.

Maybe he wanted to give him a chance? All things considered, I’m in Team Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here