Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Burnley (H)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wasnt Montoya ruled out with an injury? I must admit I wasnt impressed with Webster but in fairness he started off very poor but got better as the game went on. and by the time of the last 15 mins was ok.

Assume you are just fishing, but I'll bite anyway.

Clueless!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assume you are just fishing, but I'll bite anyway.

Clueless!

Not fishing at all, I thought that he was awful in the first half. as were most of our team, but improved as the game went on in the 2nd half and as I said by the time the last 15 mins came he looked quite composed and put in some good tackles. I am sure that he will get better the more games that he plays as he looked short of match practice.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
BG, fly fisher of the highest order. And also utterly clueless at sporting a performance. Webster made some good players look very stupid yesterday, great performance.

Apparently Montoya had a throat infection, not an injury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan - 6 - little to do except pick the ball out of his net
Webster - 7.5 - so composed on the ball. Great positioning. Some great runs forward MOTM
Dunk - 7 - a few uncharacteristically wayward passes
Duffy - 7 - very solid
Burn - 5 - looked like a fish out of water today
March - 7 - great assist, neat and tidy but lacks conviction still
Stephens - 6 - great commitment, lost the ball a couple of times but did so deliberately to clean out Rodriguez :wink:
Propper - 6 - going through the motions
Murray - 6 - should have scored with the header. Not a lot went his way. Marked up for that cushioned shot in the first half. Faded badly.
Maupay - 7 - quiet first half, came alive after the goal. Beautifully taken goal
Gross - 5 - huffed and puffed but delivered little

Connolly - 6 - love his energy. He’s a complete menace
Mooy - 6
Bong n/a

A special mention for the poor fourth official who had to spend the entire game dealing with that horrible **** Sean Dyche.

I guess we all see things differently but IMHO Gross had a great game with a lot of the ball going through him. Pröpper has a good game as well.

I have just watched the highlights. Groß created 4 clear chances, two in the first half, 2 in the second. How can you say he created little?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And a 5 is below average. How can you say that was a below average performance from Gross?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have just watched the highlights. Groß created 4 clear chances, two in the first half, 2 in the second. How can you say he created little?

I have a theory about that.

I'm gonna suggest the fans that score down the midfielders sit closer to the pitch.
Those that potentially over score the midfield sit higher up.

Recently I've been sitting all over the ESL, having given up our seats for guests with a young child who couldn't possibly take one of the individual seats I buy for them.

Yesterday I was almost in the back row and was so impressed by Davy's game my flabber was aghast at some of the comments directed at him here.

I doubt I would have been as impressed if I was sitting lower down and didn't have such a good view of the whole pitch.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Mooy looked slow and not really at the races when he came on.

Exactly what I thought slow unfit and looked overweight but a long way up in west upper so could be wrong. Strange substitution midfielder for a striker at that stage we were on the attack and ball in their half. After Mooy went on we conceded more of the ball. Bossouma would have been a better but think he was only on the bench as we were down to the bare bones and not quite match fit. Still happy with the way things are going against last year but we have played three teams at home that we should have won if we are going to be more comfortable this year. We need to be putting the extra chances we are creating in the back of the onion bag. The header Murray missed in the first half would have been food and drink for him last year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasnt Montoya ruled out with an injury? I must admit I wasnt impressed with Webster but in fairness he started off very poor but got better as the game went on. and by the time of the last 15 mins was ok.

That’s all the evidence we need to confirm Webster was class Saturday - thanks :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lol. What stream were you watching? Stephens was clearly there as usual.

Not a very good one! Having watched the MOTD low lights I'd revise Stephens to a 7.6239524 out of ten. A forward diagonal cross field pass.

FORWARD. ;-)

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's not easy watching all 11 players at the same time, especially if your pissed and watching in 2D from one end ;-)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not easy watching all 11 players at the same time, especially if your pissed and watching in 2D from one end ;-)

Not through alcohol, but I rarely get involved in the player ratings for exactly that reason.
I have no idea why us fans think they can be objective about our 11, let alone hold an opinion on the opposition as well.

I like to think I can spot a 10/10 performance and 1/10 lack of performance but beyond that it's not for me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Which is why player ratings from people sitting in the South or the North need to be taken with a giant pinch of salt. They don't really know what's happening in the game.

Not sure what the excuse is for anyone not noticing how brilliant Adam Webster was - probably the best home debut since Abdul Razak. Final third is the issue, everything else seems a work well in progress but we need to find a way to score more goals.

Not playing Murray from the left would seem like a good place to start.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a theory about that.

I'm gonna suggest the fans that score down the midfielders sit closer to the pitch.
Those that potentially over score the midfield sit higher up.

Recently I've been sitting all over the ESL, having given up our seats for guests with a young child who couldn't possibly take one of the individual seats I buy for them.

Yesterday I was almost in the back row and was so impressed by Davy's game my flabber was aghast at some of the comments directed at him here.

I doubt I would have been as impressed if I was sitting lower down and didn't have such a good view of the whole pitch.

I thought Propper had a decent to good game, creatively.

My guess is that some others mark him down for not being in position to block any attempt on goal by Hendrick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here