Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Considering the remarkable difference in how inefficient Swansea was in the beginning of last season to how clinical we became in the end I truly believe this will improve. I remember when Daniel James started to show his potential in October-November and we said "thank God the man cant shoot or cross because we'd lose him in January". Few months later he was deadly as ****. Oli McBurnie had sort of the same development.

Thing is Brighton is still in a phase where the build up, passing and combination play is the main focus. How we act in the final third will soon improve but it might take another month before it looks really clean. Hopefully a win or two can be secured before that, but the new Brighton is a long term project (because thats how Potter works) and there will be a few disappointing results and performances here and there along the road.

Nice. I like it.

I took my little brother to the game yesterday. He's not one with much patience for whiff waff football (passing it round the back and round again) and even though there is still a bit of that (carry-over from hooten days?) he enjoyed the game.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Considering the remarkable difference in how inefficient Swansea was in the beginning of last season to how clinical we became in the end I truly believe this will improve. I remember when Daniel James started to show his potential in October-November and we said "thank God the man cant shoot or cross because we'd lose him in January". Few months later he was deadly as ****. Oli McBurnie had sort of the same development.

Thing is Brighton is still in a phase where the build up, passing and combination play is the main focus. How we act in the final third will soon improve but it might take another month before it looks really clean. Hopefully a win or two can be secured before that, but the new Brighton is a long term project (because thats how Potter works) and there will be a few disappointing results and performances here and there along the road.

Thanks Swansman, voice of reason and experience. You know how it works though 3 indifferent games and some fans will be calling him to be sacked. Luckily we have played reasonably well but not the results. Very much work in progress.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said this before, I would rather we get relegated playing like this, than staying up with the opposition supporters crying out OLE every time their side passes the ball to each other because we are to frigging scared to play. Last season was boring and embarrassing.

Count me out as I would sooner grind out some results and stay up. You are probably one of those that prefer 20/20 to proper cricket where class and ability show forth similarly with football going gung ho is ok if you have the players to do it but do we have those?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Count me out as I would sooner grind out some results and stay up. You are probably one of those that prefer 20/20 to proper cricket where class and ability show forth similarly with football going gung ho is ok if you have the players to do it but do we have those?

Starting with 4 CBs is hardly gung ho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Does Gung ho mean not sticking 10 men behind the ball in your world? The City game could draw criticism for not crapping ourselves and trying to keep the score down. I haven’t seen another game that came close to being gung ho in tactics. If we’d taken our chances in most games we would have gained at least four more points

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Think upto now quite pleasing. I only went for 'so so' in the poll as am hoping this playing better than opposing teams and not taking the points dont keep being a trend throughout the season. If it does then we could end up in trouble. But the playing well is very encouraging. Also nice to see that tactic and team selection seems very fluid. Potter isnt scared to mix things up a bit. The players still need to learn to adapt quickly.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Does Gung ho mean not sticking 10 men behind the ball in your world? The City game could draw criticism for not crapping ourselves and trying to keep the score down. I haven’t seen another game that came close to being gung ho in tactics. If we’d taken our chances in most games we would have gained at least four more points

I totally agree with this ... indeed from the 3 home games our performances merited 9 points and not the 2 we ended up with. 'Rub of the green', hopefully GP will stick to his principles and not panic .... feel confident that TB will encourage him to do that

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

No mate I dont like 20/20 so stick that in your pipe.

I respect the need to grind out a draw or maybe a lucky win WHEN required, but not the whole frigging season . And anyhow where the f*ck do you get gung ho from? We are not letting in a multitude of goals (MC excepted) we have been unlucky not to win 2 home games when we were clearly the better side and we lost neither of those and Saints we got scuppered by a ****wit, oh and we won our first game 3 zip when 12 weeks before we had only the vaguest of knowledge that there was even an opposition goal!

We stayed up last season due to some very fortunate wins against the play and a helping hand from Palace.

For what its worth I do not believe that playing like we are we will go down far from it. For pities sake the crowd cheered on the extra time against West Ham as we had a chance to win the fukcing game, when did that happen last season? Instead we would have been whistling like crazy hoping like hell to hang on to the point.

CH did a great job getting us here, he was not the man to keep us here. I have little doubt that if he had gone to TB and said " hey Tony lets just grind out this season and scrape through, but here is my plan for next season and here are the players I want to bring in and I have a vision for much better football and more wins" TB would have listened rather than sacking him the day after our last 4-1 loss at home.

The trouble with so many on here crying wo is us, is they cannot abide change, well bollocks to that, things had to change otherwise we would be starting next season in the Championship after being bundled out of the PL with everyone waving good riddance and hoping such a boring and negative team did not make it back up. Rather than being "gung-ho" we are playing excellent, attractive football, all that is needed is for the ball to be delivered to Maupay, and hopefully Connolly and we will be ok.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon the transformation this season is going really well.

I love the new bravery from the team.

I'd like to see some bravery from NSC - some hope - but sadly if we lose at Newcastle I reckon the NSC white flags will be out in force.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And just in case you naysayers have forgotten we were so fckunig bad last season we we were unable to rescue ourselves and instead had to rely on Palace to keep us up.

I get the need to stand up for Potter and getting fed up with people not being all sunshine and smiles over 2 points from three winnable home games, but that is nonsense. That's not how league systems work.

We did save ourselves. We stayed up because over the course of 38 games, we earned more points than three other teams. Palace beating Cardiff in one game has no greater bearing on the final standings than us beating Crystal Palace.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I get the need to stand up for Potter and getting fed up with people not being all sunshine and smiles over 2 points from three winnable home games, but that is nonsense. That's not how league systems work.

We did save ourselves. We stayed up because over the course of 38 games, we earned more points than three other teams. Palace beating Cardiff in one game has no greater bearing on the final standings than us beating Crystal Palace.

For the record I absolutely love what GP has done for the team. As to staying up last season we won a number of games when we were shitful. The Palace game was one of the few we deserved to win. And no matter how you spin it by the end of the season we had lost all hope and were in no position to save ourselves.

I totally agree with this ... indeed from the 3 home games our performances merited 9 points and not the 2 we ended up with. 'Rub of the green', hopefully GP will stick to his principles and not panic .... feel confident that TB will encourage him to do that

What are the statistical chances of being “unlucky” three home games in a row though? It’s more likely there are weaknesses in the team causing these results

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here