Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Try walking down London Road from the viaduct and into York Place. I used to do this every day for work and EVERY day without fail there was at least one fvckwit cyclist on the pavement almost hitting people. I did start to think it might be worth carrying a stick to shove in their spokes.

So much of the Brighton traffic strategy is to prioritise vehicles and not fit for modern city requirements. You take what a cyclist is supposed to do from Preston Park, try and get across Stanford Avenue to go down Beconsfield Villas, then hit the Lewes Road up to Ditchling Rd out of you way and up a hill, then down Ditchling Rd to St Peter' Place. It is utterly ridiculously dangerous cycling route to go 1/2 mile down the road. So yeah, surprise surprise you get some cyclists going down London Road on the pavement because it's a one way, the ****wits really are the people who thought the town should be all about car movements.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don`t get why some are saying OP is purely anti cyclist.Whether he is or not is irrelevant !
Everyone should be anti this Cyclist/person,who is a scumbag cyclist for ignoring road traffic signals. He is also a scumbag person for headbutting a person who happened to be in his way.

He is also a white man in his 40s, around 5ft 10in, of medium build, and with short, greying hair.

The correct title should be:

White man in his 40s, around 5ft 10in, of medium build, and with short, greying hair cyclist scumbag.

Or just.

Scumbag.

Unless you want to conflate the two.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because they are blinkered people with blinkered attitudes clambering to be offended.

I am a very keen cyclist now, although I do most of it on the cycle tracks around Burgess Hill and also on the Downs link to avoid morons in cars.

Downs Link is a great family ride. Recently went with the family from Shoreham to Partridge Green and had coffee and cake stop and Stan's Bike shack just next to the link. Really lovely ride out. Recommended to anyone, and is decent enough to take any kind of bike.

Downs Link is a great family ride. Recently went with the family from Shoreham to Partridge Green and had coffee and cake stop and Stan's Bike shack just next to the link. Really lovely ride out. Recommended to anyone, and is decent enough to take any kind of bike.

It is, I take my granddaughter there now after buying a 3 bike carrier from Halfords.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Uptight nation. Chill brothers and sisters, it’s only a bicycle.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This, and at this time of the year take a TuppaWare container and fill it full of the lucsious ripe blackberries that adorn the trail side, particularly at the Shoreham end.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Just beware it is very busy on a sunny weekend. Circular route available via the Coombes Road or the Bostal. Surface of Downs Link not comfortable on road bikes.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah it's my route to work unfortunately.

To be fair I'm hoping it'll get better when all the work they're doing is complete. I think it's being redesigned with cyclists and pedestrians in mind.

To be fair, all the road changes in Brighton are allegedly 'being redesigned with cyclists and pedestrians in mind'.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You must be extremely unlucky then. I've ridden all over the country the last 30+ years, and have rarely seen other riders going through red lights while pedestrians are crossing....or been on the receiving end while Im a pedestrian. Im not saying it doesn't happen, but are you sure you're not exaggerating just a tad?

Since Albion have been at the Amex I have used the Lewes Road park and ride only twice, both evening matches, probably the first season at the stadium.
Both times myself, family and a few other Albion fans nearly got run over by a cyclists jumping the red light at the crossing next to the car park.
One cyclists wanted to fight me when I pointed out he didn't have lights on his bike, jumped a red light and nearly ran over 2 kids.
Can't say I've been to Lewes Road since to get nearly run over again. ???

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It’s Boris s fault ��
Well I think it was him who instigated the cycle path on that road
It concentrates the Lycra loonies Who take No prisoners on that route
Many Not all , ignore traffic signal s regularly in the city
When you witness these antics on a daily basis
It’s No surprise that so many get injured in RTA s
It’s like they think they have an invisible force field around them
That or they have a death wish

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Been following this with interest. A recent report said that 13 cyclists had been killed in New York City in the first 6 months of 2019, more than in the whole of 2018. As a frequent cyclist in NYC that is a frightening statistic. Even more so after the mayor introduced Vision Zero which was supposed to reduced traffic fatalities. Whether you're a pedestrian or cyclist you've got to keep your wits about you all the time. I've seen cyclists both as the villain and the victim. And it's easy to point fingers. As a pedestrian one of the biggest hazards I come across is delivery staff on bikes running red lights, going the wrong way down a one way street and not having lights. As a cyclist it's pedestrians not using the sidewalk but walking in the bike lane and passengers opening taxi doors right into the path of an approaching cyclists

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Im waiting for his updates on every assault that happens in the UK this week. Breath bated.

The OP has issues that he allows to inform his NSC posts. Which is why I have had to put him on ignore :shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You must be extremely unlucky then. I've ridden all over the country the last 30+ years, and have rarely seen other riders going through red lights while pedestrians are crossing....or been on the receiving end while Im a pedestrian. Im not saying it doesn't happen, but are you sure you're not exaggerating just a tad?

Can only assume you don't walk through central London. I cross the City most days and I can assure you that cyclists being entitled tw@ts is a daily occurrance... Likewise pedestrians being d1cks and van driver being c**ts. But cyclists seem to be the most angry that you, the pedestrian, dared to be (nearly) hit by them.

It's a London thing though, doesn't seem to be nearly as bad anywhere else I go.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I almost got hit by an Albion fan after the Saints game who cycled through a red light at the pedestrian crossing at Wild Park. Absolute ****. But then lets face it most cyclists don`t adhere to the traffic lights.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Been following this with interest. A recent report said that 13 cyclists had been killed in New York City in the first 6 months of 2019, more than in the whole of 2018. As a frequent cyclist in NYC that is a frightening statistic. Even more so after the mayor introduced Vision Zero which was supposed to reduced traffic fatalities. Whether you're a pedestrian or cyclist you've got to keep your wits about you all the time. I've seen cyclists both as the villain and the victim. And it's easy to point fingers. As a pedestrian one of the biggest hazards I come across is delivery staff on bikes running red lights, going the wrong way down a one way street and not having lights. As a cyclist it's pedestrians not using the sidewalk but walking in the bike lane and passengers opening taxi doors right into the path of an approaching cyclists

You're not entering the NYC Alleycat Race anytime soon then?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I almost got hit by an Albion fan after the Saints game who cycled through a red light at the pedestrian crossing at Wild Park. Absolute ****. But then lets face it most cyclists don`t adhere to the traffic lights.

I would say at least the same proportion of human beings on a bike that run a red light do so in a vehicle. :shrug:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 09.14.40.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here