--------------------Ryan
-----Duffy-----Dunk----Webster
Montoya----Propper----Stephens---Bernardo
-----Ali J-----Maupay----March

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My principles of selection for this one are..

This game has got "play Shane Duffy" written all over it. Drop Burn if you want Webster in, (though I'd go Burn)
I'm quite tempted to put Bong on the bench, just to warm up next to Rodriguez and continually sledge the Burnley fans
They are strong through the centre, but their full backs can be got at. March instead of Bernardo and plenty of balls going down the channels
Muzza in to buy us 10 to 12 cheap free kicks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who gives a f**k about the team? Most important question is: will VAR teabag us again?

Or has someone explained to laws to soccerball, to Dan Burn.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Will GP change formation against Burnley, I dont think he will,so assuming Trossard is out would go with:

Ryan
Duffy...Dunk...Burns.
Montoya...Stephens..Propper..Mooy...March
Gross
Murray
Subs; Button,Webster, Bernardo Connolly Jahakanbahsh, Maupay, Bissouma

I'd swap Murray for Maupay, but agree with everyone else; think we need to dominate the midfield to beat Burnley and may well need Maupay's pace to beat Burnley's defence, I cannot see us really beating their defenders with set pieces and crosses; goals like Maupay's vs Watford is more what I can see beating Burnley.

Who gives a f**k about the team? Most important question is: will VAR teabag us again?

As long as Burn stays on side :p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd swap Murray for Maupay, but agree with everyone else; think we need to dominate the midfield to beat Burnley and may well need Maupay's pace to beat Burnley's defence, I cannot see us really beating their defenders with set pieces and crosses; goals like Maupay's vs Watford is more what I can see beating Burnley.QUOTE

I put in GM as much for his defensive ability as anythings else.especially on set pieces.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Same formation as City. Need Duffy’a aerial presence at the back, so in for Webster. Groß to replace the injured Trossard. Otherwise the same team.

My principles of selection for this one are..

This game has got "play Shane Duffy" written all over it. Drop Burn if you want Webster in, (though I'd go Burn)
I'm quite tempted to put Bong on the bench, just to warm up next to Rodriguez and continually sledge the Burnley fans
They are strong through the centre, but their full backs can be got at. March instead of Bernardo and plenty of balls going down the channels
Muzza in to buy us 10 to 12 cheap free kicks

I must admit, I thought Duffy all day long, Burnley quite direct, Wood and Barnes. However, I actually then thought that keeping the ball against Burnley was going to be more important than a bit more in aerial ability (I don't know if Webster is that much weaker than Duffy in this aspect, only we know Duffy is one of the best).

I certainly wouldn't be worried to see Duffy in the XI, and reckon a lot will see it the same. I just wonder if the experiment against City, where we had a huge amount of the ball from them, was exactly what we need to do with Burnley.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
If we can't trust a 20m CH to perform against an airial threat then we have some serious questions to answer.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Duffy and Dunk . . . .no. Way . . . Remember last season, we got torn a new one. We need footballers.

Goalie

Webster Dunk Burn

Still undecided on the rest but I'm sure GP will know what to do.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Will need players prepared to battle and attempt to win 40/60 tackles.

—————————-Ryan—————————
——Duffy—————Dunk—————Burn——
Montoya——————————————-Bong
————-Stephens—————Mooy————-
————————————————————-
——Maupay———-Murray————March—

Subs
Button
Webster
Bernardo
Pröpper
Groß