Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are you / your kids fussy eaters?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
When me and wife were in Majorca two years ago, speaking to a family of 6, they were complaining that there was too much foreign food on offer and not enough English food.

That reminds me of an anecdote about an English guy living on the Costa del Sol. When asked if many foreigners lived there he replied, "No, no, no. There's one Norwegian but the rest of us are all British" :)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm very unfussy. Tripe, snouts, sea urchins, porcupine, coagulated blood cubes, trotters, crickets, gizzards- sign me up. But I can't Salmiakki, that salty Finnish liquorice. Not for me, Clive.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My 16yo used to be really fussy. It's been slow going, lots of cajoling, a little bartering and a fair bit of deception (onion rings... Yep, Calamari is Spanish for Onion Rings) and we are mostly there. Still has some strange 'issues'... Won't have roast potatoes, will have chips... They are the bloody same!... But generally eats a reasonable selection of food.

To anyone going through it... Persevere. It does get better. Don't give up because it gets harder the longer you leave it. I'd say we have managed a new food stuff/meal every 3/4 months and, although there are still quirks, he is pretty close to normal now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here