[Albion] Maupay / Trossard / Andone - front 3

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did you actually watch the games BG? Locadia has been playing out wide. Andone more central. Not really in competition so far.

We have 3 fit wingers plus, as stated above, Locadia playing wide. Izzy makes it 4, which is exactly correct for our squad. Why conjecture he is never coming back from his injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The goals and the assist to GM both came from him being in the old inside right position to feed a through ball to GM. Watched both Brum and Valencia game on Seagulls TV

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
This is exactly what I would like to see;

Ryan

Duffy Dunk Webster

Bernardo Stephens Propper March

Groß

Maupay Trossard

Love that line up 😍
Guarantee what ever I say, you'll find something pick at. I'm not a football manager with access to terrabytes of data on opposition and individual players to decide how and where a player will play.

That said

Ryan

Duffy
Dunk
Webster

March
Propper
Stephens
Benardo

Gross*

Trossard*
Maupay

*freedom to roam

But what ever formation we play, someone has to be left out, that's literally the case for every club.

Not complaining, great minds think alike.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we were playing Hughton's formation, with two proper wide players I'd agree. But we're not, and a fluid front-three definitely allows for Maupay, Locadia or Andone to be one of the 'wider' players. Only Murray is 'typecast' as ONLY down the middle, IMO.

(and thus, Alireza IS is competition with all three of those, as well as Trossard, March and (when fit) Izquierdo)
Sure those players could play out wide, but more often than not, one of them is going to be playing in the middle of the front 3, and one of them will be backup for that front position. And including Izquierdo in your list is just daft. Even if he beats all expectations and regains fitness fast he won't compete for the place, because he's not even going to be in the squad until the next transfer window.

If Potter decides he's not good enough, then sure, he'll be out, we're not desperate for him. But if Potter thinks he has potential or might do well, then he'll get the same chance as the others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we were playing Hughton's formation, with two proper wide players I'd agree. But we're not, and a fluid front-three definitely allows for Maupay, Locadia or Andone to be one of the 'wider' players. Only Murray is 'typecast' as ONLY down the middle, IMO.

(and thus, Alireza IS is competition with all three of those, as well as Trossard, March and (when fit) Izquierdo)

I can't see it myself, certainly not for Andone, obviously I don't have a clue about Maupay.
Sounds a bit like edging towards round peg into a square hole, esp with players available who do play the system.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All these systems on here seems to be leading to the issue of two P45s

1. No one seems to be able to find a place for Bong who I really like as a player
2. Second P45 to BG because with all these wing backs and no left backs that makes BGs area of expertise ''Redundant' - On the ''scrap heap'' in his 80s _ My heart goes out to the poor man

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All these systems on here seems to be leading to the issue of two P45s

1. No one seems to be able to find a place for Bong who I really like as a player
2. Second P45 to BG because with all these wing backs and no left backs that makes BGs area of expertise ''Redundant' - On the ''scrap heap'' in his 80s _ My heart goes out to the poor man

Tbf, these posts are mostly about 'team' rather than 'squad'. Bong is a solid player, and IF we revert to 4 at the back at any point, he'll be in the mix to start. He simply isn't as good a player as Bernardo, though, so is only ever likely to be back up as a LB (and probably behind both Bernardo and March if we play wing-backs)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Tbf, these posts are mostly about 'team' rather than 'squad'. Bong is a solid player, and IF we revert to 4 at the back at any point, he'll be in the mix to start. He simply isn't as good a player as Bernardo, though, so is only ever likely to be back up as a LB (and probably behind both Bernardo and March if we play wing-backs)

Just so long as BG gets a good ''Severance Package'' I don't mind

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any chance we’ll ever see these 3 start a premier league game as our front 3? The thought excites me.

Yes very lightweight and no height (under Potter shouldn’t matter so much) BUT the movement and pace would be amazing....

Just imagine...!

Well 2 out of 3 worked well... :)

And we only missed the height when we had to clear our lines... Fantastic stuff :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here