Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I voted Leave, as per the form

View attachment 109895

Please keep up.

The thing is, if it was a vote to remain in your home, or to leave your home, wouldn't you want to make sure your home is secure when you 'left'?
Leave might well mean 'leave', but you don't just walk out the door without making sure things are reasonably safe, do you?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Not necessarily. I said who I would never vote for, not who I will vote for.

I think you will be surprised to learn that leavers are not angry that they ''didn't know'' what they were voting for, because we did. The leaflets and info that was out there before the vote, made it clear in simple terms what it meant.

Now the fact that (before the vote) I saw no remain candidate setting out as food for thought, the most knotty issue, the Ireland question, was their bad. Their omission. They should have, but no, all the remainers did was shout that the leave campaign was stupid and how they couldn't believe the Country would vote out, as were apparently 'better together'. No explanations that really made sense, just ''stick with this or you are stupid''.

Nailed on guaranteed to get Britons voting against that...and I stand by that vote, and eventually, it will come to fruition.

No, it's yours. It was mentioned plenty over the course of several months in the run-up to the vote, by both sides. Google "2016 Irish Border warning" for a selection of the arguments which were put out there but you managed to miss.

Jan 30, 2008
Watford, you really need to move on from Me, I’m not interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i'm interested in finding out who he's voting for in the up coming EU elections but he's gone all quiet on the subject............ who would have guessed that ???
regards
DR

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As there were only two options, it is entirely logical that those who blindly voted 'stay' gave it as little thought as those who blindly voted 'leave'.

Did n't really need to take long, one look at who was pushing for Brexit - Farage, Johnson (once he jumped ship) and Rees-Mogg together with the right wing of the Tory party and funnily enough Corbyn made up my mind straight away.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did n't really need to take long, one look at who was pushing for Brexit - Farage, Johnson (once he jumped ship) and Rees-Mogg together with the right wing of the Tory party and funnily enough Corbyn made up my mind straight away.

.... and some of us put a lot more thought into it than that.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
i'm interested in finding out who he's voting for in the up coming EU elections but he's gone all quiet on the subject............ who would have guessed that ???
regards
DR

The really alarming fact is the amount of Albion fans thinking of voting for the Lib Dems, short memories some people..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1_7d2cc015-c3ea-4688-bdaf-2ce0cf04465c_large.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they are looking to the future instead of the past?

The Lib Dems committed political suicide in 2010, grabbing a short term period of perceived power and glory and thereby making themselves unelectable. Previously they were a good go-to protest vote for disaffected voters of both the main parties; now they're anything but. Most tory voters (who are leavers) regard them as rabid remainers and untrustworthy, and Labour voters, leave or remain, just see them as tory lackeys - and equally untrustworthy.

They're not the future - they're the past.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
.... and some of us put a lot more thought into it than that.

Why? if you know these guys are pushing for something then you know its not going to be in the interests of the ordinary working person. Take back power does not mean they will give it to you or I (unless you went to Eton?)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Lib Dems committed political suicide in 2010, grabbing a short term period of perceived power and glory and thereby making themselves unelectable. Previously they were a good go-to protest vote for disaffected voters of both the main parties; now they're anything but. Most tory voters (who are leavers) regard them as rabid remainers and untrustworthy, and Labour voters, leave or remain, just see them as tory lackeys - and equally untrustworthy.

They're not the future - they're the past.

To be fair, you could say the same about any established political party.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? if you know these guys are pushing for something then you know its not going to be in the interests of the ordinary working person. Take back power does not mean they will give it to you or I (unless you went to Eton?)

Sigh ....................

I will repeat the answer that you and your chums seem to be incapable of understanding. After weighing up all the pros and cons, I do not want to be in the EU. Too difficult I guess.

I genuinely am not bothered whether the likes of Rees-Mogg are pleased or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here