Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
On the presumption that we avoid relegation and that CH is retained most sensible fans will be looking to to get two key assurances from Bloom.

With Ashworth now in post what shake up of the recruiting process are we going to see? And secondly what assurance do we have that CH can break the pattern of set up to 'not lose' to the detriment of any offensive tactics. If fans don't see those issues addressed early next season than CH will have go.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't agree with the "deserves to be sacked" bit, but this was a strange decision. I have been trying to think what were the elements that made them (CH + experienced team of coaches) believe that this was worth trying. I can only think that they might have been reflecting on our poor ball retention in most recent games. PG is one of our better technicians with the ball - that justifies him in the team. I can only think they were thinking if we could get the ball to PG in space out in wider areas, even deep in our own half, he would be the best man to pick a pass for the two centre-forwards. It of course means that the rest of the formation needs to work to accommodate that, but as we saw (and CH/Team saw) it simply didn't work. To be fair, I don't think that resulted in the dreadful goal we conceded. Stranger for me was the inclusion of Izzy who has looked so far away from anything approaching "form" - so I can sort of see a rationale why PG in that position may have been agreed upon as a "different" approach, but Izzy decision was poor IMO.

March has been injured, Knockeart probably didn't deserve the start and AJ needed a day off. It doesn't leave many options apart from putting Izquierdo on and hoping he can do something with his pace now that he is fit to play.

Not really a lot of options to work with?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You happy with 3 wins 5 draws 13 defeats and 14 points in 21 games then ? We have been utterly woeful all year. We need a change of manager. Even if we signed Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, Hughton would have them in our own half defending for a 0 0

I notice you've ignored the results from the excellent first half of the season.
Also the cup run to Wembley (for the first time in my lifetime).
Bit misleading.
The figures you quote have kept us up. So, yes, to answer your question: I am happy.

And I feel your comments are stupid and petulant. As usual.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

March has been injured, Knockeart probably didn't deserve the start and AJ needed a day off. It doesn't leave many options apart from putting Izquierdo on and hoping he can do something with his pace now that he is fit to play.

Not really a lot of options to work with?

Maybe. The pace element is the only rationale, but Solly had shown so much more in his contribution at Spurs, he seemed a more natural choice to me. Maybe there had been signs in training that Izzy was beginning to fire..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On the presumption that we avoid relegation and that CH is retained most sensible fans will be looking to to get two key assurances from Bloom.
The thing is, I don't presume to get assurances from Bloom. The way I see it, he doesn't owe me, I owe him. Losing our home, going to Gillingham and then the Withdean are fresh in my memory, and I'm very grateful for what he's done for our club. That's not going to be changing.

This is the deal:
He runs the club how he sees fit
I support the club

If fans don't see those issues addressed early next season than CH will have go.
Or you could go.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We’ll find out, CH is going nowhere, so we’ll have to wait and see. I’d prefer a new manager but I’ll be there behind CH next season. It’s not my money at risk but I could live with Championship football if it came to it. Unless things change dramatically we will get relegated next season imo.

Yep, most of that. Not sure about supporting CH (or not supporting CH). Support the club regardless of the personalities and like you I'd move on from CH. But if TB wants to put faith in him fair enough, it's his 'investment'

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe there had been signs in training that Izzy was beginning to fire..
Yep, maybe. And Maybe March was looking leggy in training :shrug: We don't know, but if Chris had known how well March was going to play, and how ineffective Jose was, it's fair to say he'd have started March.

March was having immediate success when he came on, but when Knocky came on and March was sent to the left, I thought he was having less success, so some of it will be down to the difference in Newcastle's defence on the left and right.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The way he set up the team poorly, rectified it tactically but didn't change the player until half time thus nullifying his own tactical solution, then when he did make a change and it turned the game, he then switched the player who'd changed the game to the opposite side of the pitch where he's substantially less comfortable.

Plus, Gross as our right sided midfielder; anyone that makes that tactical choice deserves to be sacked, particularly when you ask the guy to play essentially as a right full back for 45 minutes.
I’d certainly agree that moving Solly across to the left (and indeed not starting him) was baffling, Solly was tearing their left back to shreads every time he got the ball.

I like Hughton, he could well be our best ever manager, but sometimes a fresh voice on the training pitch, some new ideas and drills a bit of a shake up can be a positive thing. We all become stale/complacent when repeating the same things over and over again, it’s just human nature.

He’ll most likely be our manager next season, he’ll have my full backing, but if we do replace him I don’t see that as a failing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, most of that. Not sure about supporting CH (or not supporting CH). Support the club regardless of the personalities and like you I'd move on from CH. But if TB wants to put faith in him fair enough, it's his 'investment'

Absolutely but we can express a preference, although it has no bearing whatsoever as to what will happen :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The thing is, I don't presume to get assurances from Bloom. The way I see it, he doesn't owe me, I owe him. Losing our home, going to Gillingham and then the Withdean are fresh in my memory, and I'm very grateful for what he's done for our club. That's not going to be changing.

This is the deal:
He runs the club how he sees fit
I support the club

Or you could go.

LOL LOL LOL

Sometimes I find your responses to the occasional poster quite cutting Triggaaar; however, I am so glad you kept your sharpest knife at the ready for that post.......................An absolute Belter.......I love it

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe. The pace element is the only rationale, but Solly had shown so much more in his contribution at Spurs, he seemed a more natural choice to me. Maybe there had been signs in training that Izzy was beginning to fire..

Yep who really knows what has to be considered and we don't get paid for thinking about it. I think Solly could be still nursing the injury that kept him out of the Wembley game. He certainly changed the match when he came on though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looked at the odds and put Hodgson down as the next manager to leave at 25/1

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This. CHs decision making in recent weeks has become completely baffling. His pre and post interviews suggest he is fearful of getting up in the morning, retracting into defensive mode like a manic depressive. He cannot select the right team, he cannot direct it, lead it, manage it, change it dynamically to reflect events on the pitch, and he cannot even talk coherently about it, and about what he is doing and why. He has completely lost the plot. AIMHO, I think a change is well overdue, and it won’t be long now.

His post match interviews have been the same for about 10 years or more they don't ever alter - To say they are any different now is absolute nonsense.

He gives the interviewer nothing to beat the club or the players with. That's why they hate it. They want managers to slaughter their players. They are having a field day with Man United because the last two managers rise to the Media jibes.

So if you think CH interviews have changed recently then you are listening to the wrong channel. They are exactly the same as they always were.

And your suggestion that he fears getting up in the morning - He goes to work and does a job he loves. he works with a good group of players at one of the best football training facilities in the country.

And finally. As you mentioned you are a Multi Millionaire - If you want to run the Club - Then Buy it

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I still support C H . His management achievements overall speak for themselves. Is it entirely his fault that new forwards have not scored as hoped?
It is all too easy to have a bad run ..... I still believe we will escape the drop then sort the squad in the Summer.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Unfortunately I think the Pep's of this world have a few other teams to choose from.

But when they do come hopefully they can bring the Messi's with them.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

So now you're saying that only Pep is better?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sometimes I find your responses to the occasional poster quite cutting Triggaaar
Yes, not always warranted I know, but then you can't compare this forum with real life face to face chats. In real life we'd all be more polite and less antagonistic. But that's a bit less fun on a footy forum :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If Guardiola managed our squad, how much more attacking do you think they'd be? Especially if he was up against his Manchester City side or Klopp's Liverpool?
Very good question. I am a massive CH fan but taking this to an extreme I do believe that Pep would get a lot more out of our squad of players.

I say that because he is an exceptional manager. I certainly would not say the same of also rans like Solskjaer, Hodgson, Warnock, Howe and Wagner...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Guardiola managed our squad, how much more attacking do you think they'd be? Especially if he was up against his Manchester City side or Klopp's Liverpool?
What examples (worldwide) are there of a talented 'pass them to death' manager, running a club with a small budget?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here