Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I see. So she deserved it? And because it was someone who was right leaning it was just a joke and we shouldn’t take it seriously?

Nope. I said he made a stupid comment, they have history, and you jumped into the middle of some social media handbags and spouted a lie. I don't play left or right, I just spot the wet lettuce lefties and call them out when they try manipulate the reality to suit their agenda. Just admit that you deliberately lied.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Nope. I said he made a stupid comment, they have history, and you jumped into the middle of some social media handbags and spouted a lie. I don't play left or right, I just spot the wet lettuce lefties and call them out when they try manipulate the reality to suit their agenda. Just admit that you deliberately lied.

The reality is the man made a disgusting comment about raping a political opponent and you’re defending him.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I am fine, thanks!
Mentally unwell? I think you will find that my posts are pretty moderate.
Seriously, I don't think the 'words' of either are causing much harm in the real world that most sane and balanced people exist, but I do feel that Brand's comments are pretty crass at this time.
P.S.Don't exaggerate re mentally unwell, that is quite pathetic.

Fair point, the "mentally unwell" bit was unnecessary. I will settle for: if you seriously believe Jo Brand's words are causing more harm than Nigel Farage's then you are probably a bit daft...

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
jo brand isnt funny mainly because shes a woman and they dont do humor and i bet she doesnt even no we invented the hovercraft

Regards
DR

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fair point, the "mentally unwell" bit was unnecessary. I will settle for: if you seriously believe Jo Brand's words are causing more harm than Nigel Farage's then you are probably a bit daft...

Phew, downgraded from mentally unwell to a bit daft.
My family will be well pleased with that.:clap:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No your unreality is that he threatened to rape her. The reality is he said that he wouldn't rape here. Stupid comment but nothing like you have tried to imply.

Just admit that you lied to gain some sort of advantage.

And then followed it up by saying he “might” if the mood took him.

Just admit that you’re an apologist who thinks it’s ok to make these comments or ‘jokes’.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And then followed it up by saying he “might” if the mood took him.

Just admit that you’re an apologist who thinks it’s ok to make these comments or ‘jokes’.

No I have specifically said several times that it was a stupid joke so I am not sure how am I an apologist for it? I am only pointing out that you lied and claimed that he threatened to rape her which he clearly did not.

You can argue as much as you want but the lie is in your original post and clear to see.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No I have specifically said several times that it was a stupid joke so I am not sure how am I an apologist for it? I am only pointing out that you lied and claimed that he threatened to rape her which he clearly did not.

You can argue as much as you want but the lie is in your original post and clear to see.

By calling such a grotesque comment a "joke" you are being exactly that, an apologist. As I said, if you want to keep defending him and quibbling over semantics to try and paint me as a liar by all means try, but I stand by my comments. The man said he would rape her if forced. It's really that simple. The tweets and video are in the public domain and are being investigated by the police. I really fail to see what moral high ground you intend to gain by continuing to defend such behaviour :shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
By calling such a grotesque comment a "joke" you are being exactly that, an apologist. As I said, if you want to keep defending him and quibbling over semantics to try and paint me as a liar by all means try, but I stand by my comments. The man said he would rape her if forced. It's really that simple. The tweets and video are in the public domain and are being investigated by the police. I really fail to see what moral high ground you intend to gain by continuing to defend such behaviour :shrug:

You falsely claimed that he threatened her with rape. That was a lie, he did not. Yet you felt you needed this lie to sensationalise, and use as a comparison to the acid throwing comment by Brand directed at Farage.

You are far more offensive by making up stories of rape threats and undermining the seriousness of it, whilst making light of people who are victims of acid attacks because of your agenda..

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If Farage had said exactly the same words he would have been crucified by the Jo Brand types

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If Farage had said exactly the same words he would have been crucified by the Jo Brand types

Wouldn’t they laugh, following your generalisation of Jo Brand types, if he threw battery acid on himself instead of milkshake?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't be surprised ,this forum is polluted with liberal lefty do gooders who defend anyone spewing anti Brexit bile, everyone knows the BBC is biased against Brexit
regards
DR

Is there anything wrong with doing good ?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You falsely claimed that he threatened her with rape. That was a lie, he did not. Yet you felt you needed this lie to sensationalise, and use as a comparison to the acid throwing comment by Brand directed at Farage.

You are far more offensive by making up stories of rape threats and undermining the seriousness of it, whilst making light of people who are victims of acid attacks because of your agenda..

I despair. You really will go leaps and bounds to bury your head in the sand. Neither are condoned, the selective outrage& hypocrisy is commented on and critiqued. The rest is you defending someone who said he’d rape a Labour MP if forced.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I despair. You really will go leaps and bounds to bury your head in the sand. Neither are condoned, the selective outrage& hypocrisy is commented on and critiqued. The rest is you defending someone who said he’d rape a Labour MP if forced.

No the point is you lied. If something is already in bad taste then why lie to make it sound worse? Surely the truth would be good enough but by twisting it you are also using rape to fit your own agenda. To label somebody as someone who threatened to rape a woman is a disgusting claim in its own right.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No the point is you lied. If something is already in bad taste then why lie to make it sound worse? Surely the truth would be good enough but by twisting it you are also using rape to fit your own agenda. To label somebody as someone who threatened to rape a woman is a disgusting claim in its own right.

Again, you’re quibbling with semantics. The man literally said “I might rape her”. Therefore please explain how exactly I’m lying?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
All the outrage is over him saying he wouldn't rape her. Your claim which is clear to see in your original comment said; he threatened to rape her. You are the one having to play semantics here.

Firstly, as I have pointed out several times previously, after his initial comments he then followed up by posting a YouTube video saying that that he had "reconsidered" and that he "might do". Secondly, I'm not playing semantics in the slightest. The definition of threaten is 'communication of an intent to inflict harm'. If someone said to you "I might rape you" wouldn't you see that as a threat? Or, if that's too difficult you to empathise with, if someone came up to you and said "I might punch you" is not that a threat? Moreover, even if I am over dramatising the incident and it is instead simply a political candidate belittling an act of violence that women suffer every day, as a way to target and intimidate a female MP and display some twisted sense of power... my comments re the selective outrage & hypocrisy are still valid and you're still defending him... so... :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here