Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What games are you missing due to being on holiday?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Burnley at home. Can't say I'm overly bothered tbh.

Last time we went on holiday in September I timed it with the international break, but then moaned there wasn't any football on tv to watch in the bars! Think I ended up watching Portsmouth v Oxford one of the days.

So this year I've taken the plunge, and hoped I wouldn't miss a game I wanted to go to. Thankfully it's only Burnley at home, so quite happy with that. Might even be able to get it on tv on a moody foreign channel.

Three so far, 21st Aug Southampton (holiday) 14th Sep Burnley (family party), and 26th Oct Everton (holiday), and maybe the odd one next year too. Shame as l only missed out one home game all last season, and that not until the final day. ,

Too many. All of the ones in September and Palace away in December.

Burnley at home in Sept and maybe one in Oct.
possibly Palace away in Dec

So no great loss

Watford (a) at a festival and Burnley (h) off to Iceland. Quite happy with how the fixture list has fallen

Will there be ANYBODY at the Burnley home match :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only home games as I can’t be arsed to go away

All of August...one of the October games...the games around Easter...

Looks like I will be hitting the ticket exchange thing quite a few times this season unless we are shite and they will not be wanted...then it’s the brother in law or no one

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll be missing Everton at home.

Villa away at risk if the date is moved later, as I'm off on the Sunday.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
That really does make you a bad fan. Very possibly the baddest fan there is. Any challengers?

Got to defend Wilco here Bozza. Absolute fanatical fan, season before last, went to every away game bar non.flew home for game when his work took him abroad.
He got his enthusiasm from his father,my great friend Clive, who sadly passed away a few weeks ago.
Clive had his first season ticket sometime in the 1950s, and apart from the Gillingham years held it right up to the end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got to defend Wilco here Bozza. Absolute fanatical fan, season before last, went to every away game bar non.flew home for game when his work took him abroad.
He got his enthusiasm from his father,my great friend Clive, who sadly passed away a few weeks ago.
Clive had his first season ticket sometime in the 1950s, and apart from the Gillingham years held it right up to the end.

I'm well aware of his supporting heroics, and was only joking.

I wasn't aware of the sad passing though :(

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Leicester. Be in Prague

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I'm well aware of his supporting heroics, and was only joking.

I wasn't aware of the sad passing though :(

It is ok, Bozza was only teasing me. Thank you all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm going to miss Everton because I'm going to be yomping up and down the Downs as part of the Beachy Head Marathon with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]

Not one I'm going to lose too much sleep over missing though I'd have preferred it clashed with a Northern away day.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
None as I holiday in June. I might miss some due to ill health though.

This has always worried me when I've had a season ticket. Only three times which isn't a bad ratio (2% roughly). Sheffield Wednesday on a Friday night in January being
the only regret - 2-1 In the last minute.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
...or the "thank **** it's only Watford away up first" thread.

Me: just Watford.

“Missing”? ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
People actually take holidays during the football season ?

You'll be telling me people have weddings in August next.

My wedding was in August. But I planned it safely for the international break :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here