Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

D

Deleted member 2719

How many parkruns have you lot done?

I am not in double figures although i do run once about every 4-5 days.

I know one of my mates has done around the 100 mark.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Although much shorter than the Ultras it has always been my belief that my failure to succeed above half a marathon is down to my metabolism. I can burn calories fast sitting on my arse or even sleeping and have to really work on eating constantly throughout the day. I wanted to eat half way through a swim yesterday.

Verdict; good middle distance stamina but strongly lacking in endurance.

There was a piece on this on R5 'Up all Night'. They had the lead researcher and one of the ultra runners. The interviewer's first question - aimed at the latter - was 'I bet your feet were sore after that'! In fairness the standard of questioning improved thereafter and it was fascinating.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Weakest Link Relays has 12 runners. To spice things up I want to change the format. The Super Ego team is not strong enough to compete and it’s hard for them to know who the immediate challengers are during the relay..

So we race each other! The 3 teams would be evenly matched this year.

A runners; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Brunners; Big Nuts friend [MENTION=11716]Penny's Harmonica [/MENTION][MENTION=3975]Ben eltonsbrother[/MENTION]
C runners @GNT knocky [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]
D runners; @ Mr Blobby the son of GNT the friend of GNT

Three teams choosing one from each roughly based on times would create an inter NSC challenge.

.............or the super egos can **** off like they do every year in their own team and the rest of us can divide into two competing teams.

For example one team being Big Nuts, his cousin, Greg Bobkin and Mr Blobby.
second team Ninja, PH, GNT and son third team Mr Banana Ben E's Brother Knocky GNT friend

I'd need to check over the times of each runner before final selection.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There was a piece on this on R5 'Up all Night'. They had the lead researcher and one of the ultra runners. The interviewer's first question - aimed at the latter - was 'I bet your feet were sore after that'! In fairness the standard of questioning improved thereafter and it was fascinating.

I'm up all night listening to stuff like that, it's an old git thing. Can I have the 5K times for your son and friend, please? I suppose names would be polite.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The Weakest Link Relays has 12 runners. To spice things up I want to change the format. The Super Ego team is not strong enough to compete and it’s hard for them to know who the immediate challengers are during the relay..

A runners; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Brunners; Big Nuts friend [MENTION=11716]Penny's Harmonica [/MENTION][MENTION=3975]Ben eltonsbrother[/MENTION]

Three teams choosing one from each roughly based on times would create an inter NSC challenge.

.............or the super egos can **** off like they do every year in their own team and the rest of us can divide into two competing teams.

second team Ninja, PH, GNT and son third team Mr Banana Ben E's Brother Knocky GNT friend

I’m fully supportive of this idea. If we can get every team around the same aggregate time for SB it should provide a thrilling spectacle.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’m fully supportive of this idea. If we can get every team around the same aggregate time for SB it should provide a thrilling spectacle.

That was the thinking. We'll hopefully be able to see the rabbits. We'll go ahead with it for Teams 2 and 3, as they'll do as the Gaffer says....

We just need for you to get [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] on board from the Super Egos, I lost the dressing room with our super elite lot 2 years ago. Something to do with old fashioned techniques being useless in modern times.

Along the lines of "Stop harking on about the past, Gaffer, and show us what you can do today".

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How many parkruns have you lot done?

I am not in double figures although i do run once about every 4-5 days.

I know one of my mates has done around the 100 mark.

From my email the other week "Congratulations on completing your 266th parkrun and your 244th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today." As [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will tell you, I quite like the Hove Park course :lol:

First one was January 2009. I love it – my favourite thing about running.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Sounds good to me. I'm very much ego-free, so I'll just do what I'm told :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm around 160 but TBH that's nothing: a guy at Bognor had his 500th a couple of weeks ago I believe. (And he's a serious Ironman competitor too!)

around 70

From my email the other week "Congratulations on completing your 266th parkrun and your 244th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today." As [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will tell you, I quite like the Hove Park course :lol:

First one was January 2009. I love it – my favourite thing about running.

I'm inpressed, what drives you guys to want to do it on a regular basis?
Times?
Social?
Love running in a race?

D

Deleted member 2719

None of the above [emoji23][emoji23] Do it when my coach tells me too, as he likes to use it as a benchmark [emoji23][emoji23] Bloody HATE the distance with a passion.

What's your preferred distance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here