Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone else always sing “Davy, Davy Propper..king of the wild frontier” to the tune of “Davy Crockett” the 1960s TV series that re ran on Sunday Mornings I the late 1970s in their head whenever his name is mentioned?

No? It’s just me then.

Me too.
Plus I always sing “going up and we’ll win the cup for Sussex by the sea” so there :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's such a bizarre drum for many on NSC to be banging away at.

In the whole scheme of things 'fast' footballers really don't come into it.
It's all about being in the right place at the right time, one step ahead of the opposition.

The player does very little, it's all about the ball, how, where and when it's played.

Any footballer can be 'fast' if he's alert to the possession, turned and moved to where the ball might be heading.
Any footballer can be 'slow' if he's waiting for the ball to be played to feet before turning to run at his opposite number.

You can’t dismiss pace though surely?
Otherwise, you might as well watch Serie A.

If you play a pass into a ‘hole’, you certainly can’t walk on to it.

Look at great strikers and wingers, they have explosive pace, there aren’t many who stroll and look brilliant (other than Pirlo or Jan Molby)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope he goes .

Can get better than what he's given us.

Some of his performances last year were beyond SHIT (yeah I know same for everyone )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Look at great strikers and wingers, they have explosive pace, there aren’t many who stroll and look brilliant (other than Pirlo or Jan Molby)

Plenty of great forwards with no real pace. Shearer, Berbatov, Totti, Toni, Raul, Kane, etc, etc. Nobody is 'dismissing' pace, but speed of thought is easily of equivalent importance.

Stat's point is valid. A player like Kazenga Lualua could be comfortably the fastest player in our side, and yet simultaneously the one most guilty of slowing down play.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messi doesn't, Ronaldinho didn't, neither did Riquelme and Murray certainly doesn't :bowdown:

Pace helps, but being quick upstairs is much more relevant.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
We wouldn't even answer the phone until they reach £25m, IMO.

I agree. I'd be furious if we let him go for less than that considering a) how good he is and can be, b) he's a Dutch international, c) he's had two years in this division and d) what the current market is like in terms of player valuations.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he wants to go, which I imagine he will, he’ll be off imo. Shame as he was 100% NOT a CH player. I was looking forward to seeing him next season. Not impressed with our current known transfer rumour activity. A League One player in and a player good enough to play for one of the top teams in Europe out :lolol:

Must do better, I am wavering towards Potter OUT :wink:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree. I'd be furious if we let him go for less than that considering a) how good he is and can be, b) he's a Dutch international, c) he's had two years in this division and d) what the current market is like in terms of player valuations.
Think that's what the sticking point will be.

Ajax are tight.

Their first choice is De Roon. Maybe we should get him if they sign propps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Tony rarely sells if he doesn't want to. I think Potter can sell Davy a new vision of what his job will be in the team and talk him into staying for another year.

(i think) Albion haven't sold a first choice player now since Ulloa - 5 long years ago.
What does that tell you about their desire and ability to keep hold of their best players ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If he wants to go, which I imagine he will, he’ll be off imo. Shame as he was 100% NOT a CH player. I was looking forward to seeing him next season. Not impressed with our current known transfer rumour activity. A League One player in and a player good enough to play for one of the top teams in Europe out :lolol:

Must do better, I am wavering towards Potter OUT :wink:

You jest... but it has some merit !.... very early days I know. But I would quite like us to be linked with a player over the age of 12 lol

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just mentioned on Radio - BHA expecting bid for Propper.
Would be a shame as he has been played out of position by CH for 2 seasons.
Propper off to a Club in the Champions League.
We are left with the one that likes to spend his time in Clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course we might express ourselves straight back to the Championship but it will be a breath of fresh air compared to some of the boring dross we’ve endured
I don't think that's how fans will see it. Fans don't like seeing us lose, so if we're passing the ball around, trying to attack, and then get beaten, fans will soon get fed up.

Up until Christmas, we were playing our standard solid style. It wasn't exciting, but we were getting results and the fans liked it. We then changed to a more attacking style and fans liked it at first, even though we lost. Losing soon got boring though. The fans will say it's our play style they got fed up with, but the truth is it was the losing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here