Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Branch Tavern GONE!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
we received a press release at Reverb Towers this morning

10 SCREENS, YOUR CHOICE OF SPORT - A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE COMES TO BRIGHTON’S LONDON ROAD
What is it about sport that brings people together? The collective desire for a positive outcome? The group support network when things go wrong? The shared joy in those amazing wins? Whatever it is, sport can be a such a positive force in a community, a force for unity.
The New Unity, opening on London Road on Thursday 20th September, aims to create a community for fans of sport, great beer and food - bringing people together in a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere. Following the arcade pub of The World’s End, London Road has gained yet another new bar experience as each booth has its own screen for either a clear view of the game, or even a choice of the match only you and your mates want to watch.
Reserve a booth, grab one of the great Laine beers on tap, one of the craft cans or a good wines (with always running NUS discounts on core drinks), and settle in to extreme drone flying, handball or that third vision team making a rare TV appearance. Unity in diversity. Fans of deep sport have never had such choice to step away from the mainstream. Of course, the big games will be shown on the multiple big screens. In total there’s 10 screens, including the huge projector upstairs that turns the first floor bar into a sports cinema for an incredible unifying atmosphere.
So that’s the unity part, what about the ‘new’ part. Old Brighton faces will remember a pub in Hanover called The Unity, a second home that very much lived up to its name by bringing a wide range of Hanovians together. Anyone that went will remember how welcoming this mythological Brighton pub was, and that’s what The New Unity is all about. So what better name to give homage to?
The New Unity will be the place to experience the big moments in sport, whether that’s Liverpool vs Man City, the latest women’s football international, or even Red Bull Salzburg vs Cardiff Devils.

'Deep Sport' ???

Edit: Do they mean the 'London Unity' ???

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
:ohmy:

Blimey! The Branch Tavern in London Road appears to be no more. It's been closed for a few weeks now, I assumed for public health reasons or similar. But no, went past this morning, awnings were going up and the finishing touches being applied to what looks like a complete makeover. Including a new name. Here's to what we must now call The New Unity :cheers:

walked past last night and thought it looked a bit garish. Think I prefer the Branch as it was TBH, but I quite like 'manky' boozers :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here