Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Wilshere

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Wasted talent. If he could have kept off the booze and fags. Needed to be more like Kane not Gascoigne

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I just thought he did the simple things well, without providing a killer pass or shot:shrug:

This big time! Flattered to deceive and we stood off him too much and gave him too much space. Struck me as poor mans Eden Hazard devoid of the change of pace that Hazard has. Having said all this he was their best player today

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So with his 10 yard passes, what exactly did he achieve?

Clearly you must have missed his runs! Murray, Stephens et al. didn't when they hacked him down!

You could say the same about Propper and Stephens, judging by what you're saying!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thought he was outstanding. Very committed in trying to win ball and went forward with it every time..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should have been taken out and hurt numerous times, old school tackling. He is brittle, allowed too much respect

I know we're in a state of jubilation and rightly so but did anyone else think Jack Wilshere was class today? The only Arsenal player that left the pitch with any amount of pride.

:albion2:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Clearly you must have missed his runs! Murray, Stephens et al. didn't when they hacked him down!

You could say the same about Propper and Stephens, judging by what you're saying!

Well on MoTD2 tonight, Alan Shearer made a point of the outstanding contribution made by Stephens and Propper. Not a word about Wilshere because all he did was make 10 yard passes, mostly backwards and sideways, that had no influence on the game at all. I understand that Wilshere looked good, but he actually did nothing.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Think people bigging up Wilshere today have been hoodwinked by the potential he showed in his runs rather than the outcome. Yeah he looked bloody dangerous driving through midfield and I was certainly very worried by him, but then he just got to thirty yards from goal and passed it square every single time. No inventiveness or willingness to take a risk in our third. Absolute stat padder, looked excellent whilst achieving fck all. Can maybe blame his teammates a little for lack of movement but I'm not convinced.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Jack Wheelchair is on the end of a depossession slide on another real sad day for London Arsenal. The Cannons lost 2 to 1 at Brightown, meaning a whole bunch of their fans still hate on Arsenal Wenger real bad." - USA Soccerguy

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No he was poor. The second most over rated player in the premier league after Ozil.

Yes he ran about a bit and clearly cares and wanted the ball, but he did absolutely nothing with it. Lots of meaningless side passes but actually zero creativity.

He is terrible defensively, can’t tackle at all, and his positional play is abysmal. I would take Dale to Russia ahead of him every day of the week and wouldn’t want to sign him as we have better in the side/squad already, not even taking into account his dreadful injury record.

He was also poor for Bournemouth last season and was dropped towards the end of his loan spell. Whatever the media (who for some reason have taken him under their wing) say, he really isn’t that good. I’ve seen quotes in the past comparing him to Gazza which are just laughable and disrespectful to Gazza.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I did like this from the Grauniad minute by minute:

Screenshot_2018-03-05-00-57-02.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilshere is totally overrated and has a habit of clattering into players and getting injured. I rate Ramsey more highly and was glad he didn't feature today.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I think he polarizes opinion. I am in the "totally overrated" camp. Although he gets on the ball a lot, I think he holds the ball too long and often runs himself into trouble. He rarely had the ball today in a dangerous position. He is dirty, and seems to play too angry. Thinks he's better than he is. Stephens and Davy totally outshon him.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I just thought he did the simple things well, without providing a killer pass or shot:shrug:

Anyone watching the match who DIDNT think he was the best Arsenal player by a country mile needs to have a look at the game again without Albion bins on. Definitely the only one who didn't let his chin drop and who looked like he turned up to play properly. Aubameyang looked like he hasn't slept for about a week and all of them, bar Wilshere, were playing at well below par.

Wenger has totally lost that team. Quite sad to see him these days, tearing up coffee stirrers with a stony resigned face.

Interesting too that, before the game, Thierry Henry felt unable to comment on the Arsenal calamity and stalked off. I wonder why he thought that , seeing he is getting paid megabucks to offer an opinion, he feels it's appropriate to refuse to comment and do one.? I know he's French but that's just knobbish.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Does a very particular job. In a 3 man midfield alongside an Ozil type and a proper Defensive Midfielder he'd be great. You can only carry one or two showboating types though and he seemed to be playing with 9 or 10 who couldn't care less. Would like to see him play with Ali and Dier in the centre of a 4-1-4-1 at some point.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He was the only Arsenal player to put a shift in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If Wilshere had been sent off for some misdemeanor or other, it would not have affected Arsenal. The 10 yard pass to him would simply have been replaced by a 20 yd pass to whoever Wilshere might have passed it to. As someone so aptly put it, a stat padder. He made no actual difference.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Arsenal's best player, but that really is not saying much. Reading some of the posts on here you would imagine that he was splitting our defence every five minutes and bringing world class saves from Ryan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here