Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just reading in The Times this morning that Haha will be denying the charge of improper conduct this evening. I cannot think what excuse he might come up with... so suspect he could be in line for a charge of bringing a frivolous appeal, and get an extension of his ban. Which would be a shame.

And as the panel deliver their 'judgement' he'll sarcastically applaud them :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just reading in The Times this morning that Haha will be denying the charge of improper conduct this evening. I cannot think what excuse he might come up with... so suspect he could be in line for a charge of bringing a frivolous appeal, and get an extension of his ban. Which would be a shame.

I don't see what "defence" he can possibly come up with in this. Unless he's going to try and claim that his applause of the referee wasn't actually sarcasm, but was done with sincerity, as in a "yes well played referee, you've got me bang to rights, I lost my head there a bit and hereby applaud your wise and sage decision, sir".

The fact that he was on the brink of tears as he left the pitch would make this mildly dubious. But I await the outcome with interest.

What about their nazi goalkeeper "waving" for the german to get on with things. Anyone know if his case has been heard yet ? What is it with Palace players lately ? They seem to be taking their general levels of BUFFOONERY to whole new heights this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't see what "defence" he can possibly come up with in this. Unless he's going to try and claim that his applause of the referee wasn't actually sarcasm, but was done with sincerity, as in a "yes well played referee, you've got me bang to rights, I lost my head there a bit and hereby applaud your wise and sage decision, sir".

The fact that he was on the brink of tears as he left the pitch would make this mildly dubious. But I await the outcome with interest.

What about their nazi goalkeeper "waving" for the german to get on with things. Anyone know if his case has been heard yet ? What is it with Palace players lately ? They seem to be taking their general BUFFOONERY to whole new heights this season.

Hennsessey was given an extension to respond to his charge from 31/1 to 15/2 for some reason.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

Hmm, makes a change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hennsessey was given an extension to respond to his charge from 31/1 to 15/2 for some reason.

Another couple of weeks to elaborate on his laughable story then, it must be a real humdinger. I honestly can't wait to hear whatever bobbins he's concocted this time. What an absolute slice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Crystal Palace test 'good for the future' if Wilfried Zaha gets extended ban, says Christian Benteke

attachment.php

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...nded-ban-says-christian-benteke-a4057776.html

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
In my opinion Dibley is being advised very poorly. Long may it continue.

I would tell him to put his hands up, take it on the chin and grow up. All this plan does is to serve the fuel the 'its not fair, I'm the victim, people try to end my career every game and nobody gets sent off for touching me' mantra. Could he get any more ****ish? I doubt it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Suspended for extra match and fined £10k, pending possible appeal.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seriously, what's the point of fining a premier league footballer £10K. It's like fining an average Joe about a quid :shrug:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I should imagine the appeal will make him eligible to play on Sat against West ham but bar him from the game against Donny in the cup, so it may just be tactical ??

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And another game ban for sarcastically applauding the verdict

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Seriously, what's the point of fining a premier league footballer £10K. It's like fining an average Joe about a quid :shrug:

Got to agree with this, load of B#$@%cks. So what if he misses a game, he's still going to get paid. The only way would be to fine them big, but footballers have all the power so that won't happen.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
IMG_6372.GIF.f84234c429fbc3d931caff96b5e54511.GIF

Normally reserved for MASSIVE but I'll make an exception today. Can he appeal the appeal and get banned for another additional game, and so on and so forth?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here