Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Liam neeson

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
His views were deplorable 40 years ago by today's standards and norms, was this actually true 40 years ago or were his reactions more the norm at the time ?

Wandering the streets with a cosh with the intention of beating a random 'black *******' to death? Now I wasn't born till a few years later but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the norm in the late 70s.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just wait until this documentary on michael Jackson surfaces. A guy on the radio said that MJs songs will disappear from the radio and he will not be spoke of again.

exposing the horrors perpetrated by the deceased whilst the living ghouls suck the lifeblood , spiritual and financial from the common man ........i mean really , what does it matter what Michael Jackson did or didn't do .......seriously...??!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
exposing the horrors perpetrated by the deceased whilst the living ghouls suck the lifeblood , spiritual and financial from the common man ........i mean really , what does it matter what Michael Jackson did or didn't do .......seriously...??!!

Saville?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Wandering the streets with a cosh with the intention of beating a random 'black *******' to death? Now I wasn't born till a few years later but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the norm in the late 70s.

it wasn't the norm but there were plenty of goons around in the 70's ......southwick had the southern hq of the NF fyi.....!!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
His views were deplorable 40 years ago by today's standards and norms, was this actually true 40 years ago or were his reactions more the norm at the time ?

Were his views nearer the norm then than now ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

no Jackson , your post eluded to the revelations in his up coming film ......thats what i was responding to .....what Saville did was disgusting , the jewellery made from dead peoples prosthetics , the goings on in Jersey ......of all of the recently exposed wrong'uns you would have to say he was the most sinister but he was by no way the only one at it and you can bet your ball bag there are hundreds of the ****ers still at it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no Jackson , your post eluded to the revelations in his up coming film ......thats what i was responding to .....what Saville did was disgusting , the jewellery made from dead peoples prosthetics , the goings on in Jersey ......of all of the recently exposed wrong'uns you would have to say he was the most sinister but he was by no way the only one at it and you can bet your ball bag there are hundreds of the ****ers still at it.

Agreed...no I was saying that if the tittle tattle is to be believed and the leaks from the documentary, then this could be another celeb thta will be vilified .

But we must wait for the results.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
Amazing. Someone admits they wanted to murder any, innocent, black man and there are people on NSC stroking their chins and tying themselves up in linguistic knots to say I'm not sure it's racist.

I don't think anyone has suggested the act or intention to act itself wasn't racially motivated to some degree, rather the question that does this define Neeson as a racist, and whether he should be hung out to dry for admitting what he has? Given the right conditions we're all capable of acting negatively, abusively or violently towards others we don't identify with as being in our in-group, we as football fans should be more aware of that than most. It's not chin-scratching, it's not being an apologist, it's just trying to understand the realities of what makes us all tick in one way or another in a way that doesn't just attach meaningless and counter-productive labels to anyone who's ever erred.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just wait until this documentary on michael Jackson surfaces. A guy on the radio said that MJs songs will disappear from the radio and he will not be spoke of again.

I might have something to say about that... :wave: :angel:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

May have been if a very close friend had been raped? But hey, you weren’t even born but know better.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Good point

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
the journo has made herself an overnight celebrity and turned Neeson into public enemy no.1.......****ing shitpuffinrey of the highest order all round

Except the journo is barely being mentioned in reports elsewhere, and it's literally her job to report on what's said in interviews. What the f**k do think journalism is?!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Except the journo is barely being mentioned in reports elsewhere, and it's literally her job to report on what's said in interviews. What the f**k do think journalism is?!

stirring up shit and ruining someones career in this instance.......a candid comment made in explaining how Neeson generated his character in the film, used in context.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here