Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If a GE is called - smiling Nigel will be back at the helm of the purple party and his rhetoric this time will be even further off the scale.

He tweeted recently, if Brexit started floundering, he would return to front line politics. He received thousands of replies listing his seven failures at elections to become an MP.
How do you return to something you've never been? He only became an MEP because the European elections were proportional representation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and a hung parliament would make things better?

There won't be a GE, that would require turkey's having to vote for Christmas.

All this 'enemies close'; seems a bit of a red herring to me, politicians aren't going to rock the boat to the point of capsizing because they can't guarantee they won't drown as well.

Don't underestimate the arrogance of those who are power hungry & keen to protect their fortunes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He tweeted recently, if Brexit started floundering, he would return to front line politics. He received thousands of replies listing his seven failures at elections to become an MP.
How do you return to something you've never been? He only became an MEP because the European elections were proportional representation.
He can't return to somewhere he has never been.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ukip will parachute him in to being their leader, but that will take a few weeks. At the moment he is just a gob with no party.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If there is a GE I’m certain if the Tories or Labours major policy was to stop Brexit they would win.

People have just had enough.

I think a general election (or a second referendum) would be the only way to make sort this out one way or the other, but it is not going to happen as the Tory Party would tear itself apart and individual politicians are in srlfpreservation mode.

And all the "Will of the people" stuff is rubbish, because I seriously think the majority of people did not realise what they were voting for or against on either side. Certainly anybody who takes it as a clear vote for a hard Brexit is in cloud cuckoo land.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He can't return to somewhere he has never been.

Exactly, despite the BBC inviting him to spout his opinion at every given opportunity, yet ignoring Caroline Lucas, who was, at one point, also leader of her party, but, also, more relevantly, a sitting MP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DavidinSouthampton;85143 34 said:
I think a general election (or a second referendum) would be the only way to make sort this out one way or the other, but it is not going to happen as the Tory Party would tear itself apart and individual politicians are in srlfpreservation mode.

And all the "Will of the people" stuff is rubbish, because I seriously think the majority of people did not realise what they were voting for or against on either side. Certainly anybody who takes it as a clear vote for a hard Brexit is in cloud cuckoo land.

Always worth reminding people of this

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So, how far does your 'sensible planning' go?

Do we build a border in NI?
Do we put in customs posts?
Do we start building lorry parks at all ports?
Do we start setting up customs facilities at all ports and airports?
Do we employ companies to start designing, building and testing the IT systems required for WTO rules and tariffs?
Do we start employing and training the huge number of staff to administer all of this?

After all, we will want the EU to think we are serious about this :facepalm:

Absolutely while the country is still in the grip of austerity were we can not provide homes, care for the young and old, underfunding of Schools, the NHS the Police and Fire services, high streets closing the suggestion that the UK needs to spend what would be billions on the above just to postulate a position that no one in their right mind would really choose is bizarre, when what is now required and was not provided by David Davis is a negotiating position that is not constrained by ideological dogma but is more open to compromise

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My view right from the beginning of this process that David Davis, Boris Johnson and Liam Fox were the three worst people apart from Nigel Farage you could pick for such an important role, now I read that Michael Gove might get the Brexit secretaries job nasty little man that he is I have to begrudgingly admit he is the most able political individual within this government and is far more likley to deliver Brexit that David Davis ever was

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the one hand good riddance to a smarmy prick who proved that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. A chancing spiv who was all bluster with nothing to back it up. Should have gone months ago.

On the other hand, what a mess. Or rather, even more of a mess. There have never been a more clueless bunch of self serving knobheads in charge of our country.

:bowdown:

Plus he's only actually been to Brussels twice in the last 4 months.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There are several conflicting reports as to whether Suella Braverman has actually resigned as well or not. I doubt she even knows herself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Are you angry tonight because we are still leaving and a bit embarrassed you used to think Brexit wont happen like watford zero bloke?
Welcome to reality chump.

I am angry and fed up of getting told that it is easy and we can just walk away, that I am some sort of coward, or lack ambition by ****wits who have nothing to back their opinion but blind hope and nostalgia for early closing on Wednesdays.

Brexit won't happen on the 29th March 2019.

........ Maybe the EU will step in at the eleventh hour with some sort of a deal to save us, bailing us out of a hard brexit suicide. Maybe not. And some peope still think this is all great. :facepalm:

Perhaps, "Theresa, how you would you feel if we all pretended the last two years hadn't happened..." Would work for me provided there was still a "...and Albion remain promoted to the Premier League..." clause :)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I am angry and fed up of getting told that it is easy and we can just walk away, that I am some sort of coward, or lack ambition by ****wits who have nothing to back their opinion but blind hope and nostalgia for early closing on Wednesdays.

Brexit won't happen on the 29th March 2019.

Unless they make a new bill and approve and pass it through parliament, it will

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My view right from the beginning of this process that David Davis, Boris Johnson and Liam Fox were the three worst people apart from Nigel Farage you could pick for such an important role, now I read that Michael Gove might get the Brexit secretaries job nasty little man that he is I have to begrudgingly admit he is the most able political individual within this government and is far more likley to deliver Brexit that David Davis ever was

The rumour is that it's going to be Grayling. So expect a long series of delays ... no chance of Brexit in March "The government are sorry to announce ...."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You might not like Grayling - but at least he got the trains running on time. Er…………………….this is a man who could literally de-rail Brexit. Surely the man to replace Davis is Fox ('the easiest' etc etc)

after all, Fox has done so well in his current brief.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This has been done DELIBARATELY to stop people talking in the STREETS being OUTRAGIED about the width of stripes in the new Albion KIT when it is LAUNCHED later today.

Davies OUT
Barber OUT
Bloom OUT
Houghton OUT
EU OUT
Sack the BORED

Regards
EP etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here