Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] When was the last time you were asked for directions?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
3 weeks ago

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So it’s just me that doesn’t get asked. Now I’ve got a complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your avatar is remotely a likeness.....frankly I'm hardly surprised :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some time last year I was waiting for a bus at the bottom of North Street and was asked by an American where the nearest tube station was :eek: :facepalm:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Very rarely here but was asked quite regularly on holiday abroad. I guess that's to be expected though.
likewise. I’m on holiday in Spain at the mo and have been asked for directions 3 times in the last week, each time by Spanish people. The beach near us is a ******* to find though

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
likewise. I’m on holiday in Spain at the mo and have been asked for directions 3 times in the last week, each time by Spanish people. The beach near us is a ******* to find though

Me and the Mrs have just got back from Italy and the amount of Germans that asked me questions in the street was amazing. I can only assume that I look German as it was quite frequent, but not just directions, mobile phone and travel agent advice too. Very odd.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Me and the Mrs have just got back from Italy and the amount of Germans that asked me questions in the street was amazing. I can only assume that I look German as it was quite frequent, but not just directions, mobile phone and travel agent advice too. Very odd.
Perhaps you look like an Italian that speaks German?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I've twice been singled out on train platforms and been asked for directions by Germans. In one case, they walked about 20m passing a dozen or so people to ask me. They must have guessed I looked like someone who spoke German but how they knew this, I have no idea. I certainly don't look German so it's not that.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
I've twice been singled out on train platforms and been asked for directions by Germans. In one case, they walked about 20m passing a dozen or so people to ask me. They must have guessed I looked like someone who spoke German but how they knew this, I have no idea. I certainly don't look German so it's not that.

I just look old ( because I am) but that didn't stop 11 (eleven) consecutive groups of travellers/tourists asking me for directions at Farringdon a week or so ago. Almost turned into a game of Mornington Crescent...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here