Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray appreciation thread on BBS

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace fans still clap Murray after all these games we have played them since his departure from the scum, its hilarious

They are just trying to convince themselves it doesn’t hurt and they didn’t make the exact same mistake as us :lol: bless them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
love this post on that thread- the footballing gods must hate this guy

Finally home after a shocking 9 hour drive in the pissin rain with no bloody heater grumbling to myself all the way after another inept passionless display against our supposed main rivals (somebody needs to tell the players that ) , i think i calmed down just as i left the M54 doing 40 mph and a removal van aptly named MURRAYS thundered by me on the inside lane , (i love the middle one ) for some unknown reason i tooted and made the very grown up Wnker sign at a Van , i felt better , it gave me some sort of inner peace , i pulled over for coffee and sitting there staring into my hocamochawochachino thinking nothing at all a bloke and his young son sat down opposite the young lad wearing a YEP a Brighton shirt with 17 MURRAY printed on the back ! i mean dear god had i not been through enough ! the bloke saw my Beanie hat half smiled and said , unlucky fella the team that wanted it more won today , i didn't really know what to do or say and just managed a irksome smile , i think the bloke realised i was hurting turned and said no more , but as i sat looking at the shirt with MURRAYS name on it i started to remember just how professional and clever he actually is , not just today or yesterday as it now is , he's still doing what £40 million pound strikers can only dream of doing , iv'e seen the goal today again and i don't think we have a forward capable of scoring a goal like that , utterly devastating in so many ways , say what you like about him but you can't deny he's a bloody good striker .

I'm going to bed , hopefully wake up and it will still be 8am saturday morning and this post doesn't exist .

I always KNEW that people who hogged the middle lane were Palace twats!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace fans still clap Murray after all these games we have played them since his departure from the scum, its hilarious

Who else do they have to clap?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Never mind Palace moaning about them letting him go, what about Poyet gift wrapping him for them in the first place. 30 palace goals later we get him back.

He still smells a bit like them. Like the waft of some other blokes Jizz on your girlfriend.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Parish should never have flogged Muzza, misjudging all their new forwards as upgrades.

What a tit.

It was the prize tit Pardew who got rid of Murray. Big fall out at the time and the reason why Jedanik left too. Parish the clown backed the dancing queen and the rest as they say is history.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If true, too much say-so was given to Pardew. Funny for us.
Reading the BBS, Murray's replacement, Benteke, was playing in the Liverpool reserves and third team before the transfer to palace. Klopp already knew he was crap and they were sold a pup. Pity, lol.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

As Murray left the pitch after celebrating with us yesterday, he walked vaguely via the Homeboy End and quietly, politely clapped a few times. A few behind the goal returned the applause but some of the remaining Black-Clad Wannabees saw fit to give him the wrist-shake. #FFSMurray

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be fair to Parish he knew that Murray preferred to be playing for us as there were many attempts by Bloom to secure his return. We tried to swap him for Will Hoskins not too long after he signed for Palace so it was always Murray's desire to come back.

Murray was a good servant for them as a job, and was intrinsic to their promotion but he was always a Brighton player in his heart. That is why it was easy to let him go and let the new manager freshen up the squad.

In short it wasn't a mistake for Palace to let him go, it was his destiny to play for Brighton again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here