Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Will it still be only 56% this year though or in your sixth year, that's the golden question. You will not be able to stick to that and keep Dunk if he's as good as you lot say he is.

If we're making profit out of the tv rights, it will go down I expect, because we have a structure, El Presidente would be more savvy on this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was going by your graph, but read the 7.7million as profit.
So I'm your opinion are we screwed or not, seriously? People keep saying our wages will go down this year as we have got rid of a lot?
I have to be honest, since football got so far up its own backside I'm not concerned anymore. When you watch a bloke running around for and hour and a half and know he's earning the same in a week as you will that year, then why should I let it worry me sort of thing.

True in a way.

You’re not affected by Parish paying relatively huge wages.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] might correct me, but I don’t think any of the PL clubs are or will be in financial trouble. As well as having broadcasting income, they have owners with money. FFP might actually have worked. Giving a reduced risk of another Bolton.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Will it still be only 56% this year though or in your sixth year, that's the golden question. You will not be able to stick to that and keep Dunk if he's as good as you lot say he is.

I would expect the Albion's wage control percentage to increase, but the average in the Premier League is 60% and the median 58%, would expect it to be close to the average.

If someone comes in and offers £30 million plus for Dunk and offers him £100,000 a week I suspect he will be sold, that's simple economics.

Premier League 2018 Wage Income %.png

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was going by your graph, but read the 7.7million as profit.
So I'm your opinion are we screwed or not, seriously? People keep saying our wages will go down this year as we have got rid of a lot?
I have to be honest, since football got so far up its own backside I'm not concerned anymore. When you watch a bloke running around for and hour and a half and know he's earning the same in a week as you will that year, then why should I let it worry me sort of thing.

Profit and debt are independent of each other.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The more I see these figures the more impressed I am about Tottenham.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
True in a way.

You’re not affected by Parish paying relatively huge wages.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] might correct me, but I don’t think any of the PL clubs are or will be in financial trouble. As well as having broadcasting income, they have owners with money. FFP might actually have worked. Giving a reduced risk of another Bolton.

They all look solid unless relegation occurs, some are in a better position to cope with the shockwaves there than others.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Which is why Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland have suffered?

Stoke are fine as the owners are worth at least a billion and local fans. Sunderland have been a car crash and the Swansea chairman, who made millions selling the club to a pair of American vultures in 2016 quit last night.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stoke are fine as the owners are worth at least a billion and local fans. Sunderland have been a car crash and the Swansea chairman, who made millions selling the club to a pair of American vultures in 2016 quit last night.

So, and not getting on the back of our lovely Palace supporters that infest our boards, purely on stats, how would they survive in a lower league if they got relegated? Is there an algorithm that could be right or wrong?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which is why Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland have suffered?

Specifically Villa and Sunderland, had gone on unsustainable spending sprees in the past, plus long huge contrast to players who then took the p ... loads of them. With Randy Lerner and Ellis Short refusing to out a penny extra in.

Swansea’s board about 18 months ago run out of cash, they’d spent their PL broadcasting income, and had to take out an overdraft to try and reinforce the squad in Jan 18.

Stoke owned by the billioniare Coates family and lifelong fans ... [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ... why the demise in Stoke’s fortunes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stoke owned by the billioniare Coates family and lifelong fans ... [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ... why the demise in Stoke’s fortunes?

2 words:-

Mark
&
Hughes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Specifically Villa and Sunderland, had gone on unsustainable spending sprees in the past, plus long huge contrast to players who then took the p ... loads of them. With Randy Lerner and Ellis Short refusing to out a penny extra in.

Swansea’s board about 18 months ago run out of cash, they’d spent their PL broadcasting income, and had to take out an overdraft to try and reinforce the squad in Jan 18.

Stoke are in good health, have spent £58 million in the summer window (and £9m on Vokes this week) since relegation, they haven't spent it well though if you look at results.

For a duller look...

http://priceoffootball.com/stoke-city-2018-coates-of-many-colours/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stoke are in good health, have spent £58 million in the summer window (and £9m on Vokes this week) since relegation, they haven't spent it well though if you look at results.

For a duller look...

http://priceoffootball.com/stoke-city-2018-coates-of-many-colours/

I recall now, they struggled to score in their last PL season, not having a consistent top flight quality striker. Quite a common situation - Everton, Newcastle and Palace have always been looking for the same.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here