Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Derbyshire CCC v Sussex CCC, CC, 16-19 September, 10.30KO, Derby***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That has to be one of the worst days for Sussex in a 4-day match in living memory. 7 wickets lost in a trice, then Derbys go one day mode and blitz 350 runs. Questions have to be asked here, some senior players appear to be mailing it in.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Another wicket. Just need to mop up the tail end now. Easy!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Am disappointed but not surprised .
we are what we are . Inconsistent at div two level .
We would get battered in the higher division .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How very Sussex.

:lolol:

Oh well lads, there’s always next year. I’m sure Mitch Claydon will make all the difference.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If it helps Glos looked shakey in their second innings...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Back in it. If you take away that opening stand then we have DOMINATED Derbyshire in this match.

Put another way, Sussex dominate day one, Derbyshire day 2, more so - Today's another day! That's the thing about this division, (any maybe 4 day cricket here in general), there are some good cricketers out there but they are so inconsistent. On the whole, the standard is really poor in Div 2.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Put another way, Sussex dominate day one, Derbyshire day 2, more so - Today's another day! That's the thing about this division, (any maybe 4 day cricket here in general), there are some good cricketers out there but they are so inconsistent. On the whole, the standard is really poor in Div 2.

I don't disagree with your point about the standard in division 2 which is inconsistent at best. That said, the kind of collapse exemplified by Sussex yesterday, from an early position of relative strength to being in danger of being completely wiped out over the course of 24 hours suggests something fairly fundamentally wrong to me. Maybe something has happened and the players have just opted out, I don't know but that level of acquiescence is not explained simply by inconsistency.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did anyone see the SCCC interview with Dizzy after play yesterday? He was seething. Looks like he's got the response he was hoping for.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don't disagree with your point about the standard in division 2 which is inconsistent at best. That said, the kind of collapse exemplified by Sussex yesterday, from an early position of relative strength to being in danger of being completely wiped out over the course of 24 hours suggests something fairly fundamentally wrong to me. Maybe something has happened and the players have just opted out, I don't know but that level of acquiescence is not explained simply by inconsistency.

Maybe, but this morning kind says it all, maybe Derbyshire are having a dodgy time, maybe it's the fact it's 10:58 in the middle of September! See Sussex at the same time yesterday!! Either way, the standard of cricket and the type of bowler that has success in this division (Reece, Robinson) does naff all to prepare batsman for test match cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here