Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Andone has got pace scores goals ,we are going to need him this season ,on the starting line up every game for me . Puts himself about but needs to know how far to go with the aggression maybe good its happened early in the season , big 3 points lost .

"scores goals "......really ? Explain !

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm in the AZ Gull corner. Spelling and typing is not difficult to combine. It matters and I do give a flying f***. That's one of the many reasons I dislike teachers who have allowed correct spelling to be treated as an irrelevance and helped release 'would of' in to the world.

Team [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] here.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder what Tony Adams would say? You need seven or one Andone when he's on the pitch.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't help feeling that Andone will be a marked man by officials now.Can we swap him for that Swedish lad from the other night?Gwargas?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personal preference is to see Connolly come in to the team. He should be first choice against Bristol Rovers then on the bench against Man City with Murray & Maupay being first choice, depending on what is happening you bring him on with 30 mins to go e.g if we are winning then maybe it would be Mooy for Murray. If we are loosing then Connolly to blood him. It would then be same against Burnley. When Andone is available I would pick him for the match squad IF he seems to be in the correct frame of mind and have Connolly instead of Locadia IF Connolly has done ok.

Andone has cost us the game last Saturday , there are a few players who are regular choices today who were also seen as liabilities e.g. Stephens & Dunk and what about Duffy against CPFC. He is on paper our second best striker we cannot afford to be fussy.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Love a player like Andone, gives 100% and puts himself about, must be horrible to mark. The downside is that he does seen to struggle with his aggression. It's not just that tackle, noticed yesterday any aerial ball knocked towards him, he doesn't watch the flight of the ball but watches his marker and appears more intent to rough up the opposition rather than win the ball.
Stick with Andone but I would question whether you can start with him as he is a walking yellow card at the least.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Love a player like Andone, gives 100% and puts himself about, must be horrible to mark. The downside is that he does seen to struggle with his aggression. It's not just that tackle, noticed yesterday any aerial ball knocked towards him, he doesn't watch the flight of the ball but watches his marker and appears more intent to rough up the opposition rather than win the ball.
Stick with Andone but I would question whether you can start with him as he is a walking yellow card at the least.

So what you’re saying is, the less minutes he has on the pitch the less likely he is to get sent off?

Bit of a gamble having someone on the bench who is a hothead...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Andone will be back at some stage

Fortunately Potter is a professional and not as emotional or knee jerk as a few of us.

I think what it’s done however has given some of his competition for his spot an opportunity, Connolly might now get more of a chance in and around the first team squad for the next month or so. Whilst he was more than likely going to get some kind of chance against Bristol this week he is probably going to get a longer spell as part of the matchday 18. Also Murray will now have an opportunity to get his place back and keep it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what Tony Adams would say? You need seven or one Andone when he's on the pitch.

I'm still not seeing Andone as a top notch 7.

When the fight starts, in the tunnel, as Dunk and Duffy are protecting the honour of the Albion.
We all know Andone will be there in an instant.

I just can't guarantee he won't take out Duffy first. :lol: :facepalm:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I see we have found this season's scapegoat.

No, I am sure there will be other, frequent contenders.

However, Andone, is at present a liability - I am struggling to remember a game he has played a meaningful part in when he hasn’t looked like getting a red - the days of Roy Keane or Graeme Souness going over the top of the ball to let an opponent know they are there has long gone.

Unfortunately, at the moment Andone appears to belong to that era - hopefully Potter can iron this flaw out in his game...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I find embarassing are those getting embarassed at other fans sticking up for our player and trying to influence a referee despite knowing the correct decision was made.

What do you expect our fans to do, jump out of their seats and start giving the thumbs up and applauding the referee for a call well made?

Beggars ****ing belief some of the cack on here, like a bunch of people who have never been to a football match in their lives.

Stand in silence with folded arms as Andone leaves the pitch. That's what I and folk around me did.

Clapping can be reflex, like when some celebrity mug is introduced on a telly programme, the audience claps, and the celebrity claps along.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the last chance saloon now, but we won't replace both Andone and Locadia in January.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hi That was a ridiculous decision to send Andone off
It was a complete accident his back was to the player he hadn’t a clue that he trod on his leg.
Clumsy indeed but an accident and I did not think it even warranted a yellow card let alone red.
The saints defender made a meal of it pretending he was in agony until andone got sent off and then he got up.
Even if he did hurt him there was no intent by Andone just a complete accident.
Potter should of stuck up for him in the interview.
Such a shame for him he so deserved a full game and so unlucky that happened.
These var decisions are ridiculous it’s basically another ref only one looking at a replay and putting his decision on it.
The var ref on spurs match was Paulson terrible ref I don’t know if you saw a penalty var decision in that match.
The Newcastle centre half knew he couldn’t stop Kane in the penalty area getting in a shot which probably would of been a goal so he dived or flung himself and his body into Kane.
The stupid var ref thought he slipped into Kane by accident and the stupid idiot Murphy on match of the day thought he did.
He deliberately dived into him he didn’t slip so as to prevent him getting in a shot for possible game.
They are getting loads of decisions wrong.
Andones accidental challenge was typical of the idiots getting it wrong.
Why doesn’t the on field referee go to the on field video look at it and confirm the decision he made is correct.
Lots of var decisions in the World Cup were reversed after the on field referee changed his mind.
Better than just getting another ref on var to do it.
Especially the stupid useless referees we have or maybe an independent overseas ref should be employed.

My Wolves supporting mate text me the above, another view on the incident.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here