Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - West Ham (H)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't think you can play Gross and Murray at home not enough pace but to say either had a bad game is blatantly inaccurate.

More general comments;
I don't think our wing backs did enough as neither one is good at crossing , Burn showed them the way, maybe he will take the right and Webster will be moved in?
Great to see Dunk getting more of the ball his passing is really excellent
Trossard looks brilliant

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't think you can play Gross and Murray at home not enough pace

Pace is only one way to hurt a defence. We caused them plenty of problems with both Gross and Murray. In fact, we probably created more with Gross and Murray than without them, despite the more pacy Andone and Maupay playing against a tired defence.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
I don't think our wing backs did enough as neither one is good at crossing

It felt like Montoya overhit every single cross, which is such a shame as he put himself in a great position time after time (especially the last quarter of the game).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pace is only one way to hurt a defence. We caused them plenty of problems with both Gross and Murray. In fact, we probably created more with Gross and Murray than without them, despite the more pacy Andone and Maupay playing against a tired defence.

I’d agree with this.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Montoya 7
March 8
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Burn 8

Propper 7
Stephens 7
Trossard 8
Gross 7

Murray 6

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

agreed but against Watford it was pace/quickness to the ball that made the difference. I don't think either Andone or Maupay have Murray's guile/brain . What is good about the discussion is that we have so many options now .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It felt like Montoya overhit every single cross, which is such a shame as he put himself in a great position time after time (especially the last quarter of the game).

yeah got into great positions but not effective same against Watford. Not a bad game but could have been better.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 6 - really didn't have a ton to do but probably should've done better with their goal. I thought his passing/kicking was decent, one poor one aside.
Duffy 5 - he's he square peg in a round hole at the moment but hopefully he'll improve. His passing limitations were horribly exposed at times and he looked weak against pace and movement considering the higher line.
Dunk 8 - excellent.
Burn 9 - the first time I've seen him live and he was a revelation. He should've scored at the start and he played one poor pass out of defence in the second half that nearly cost us, but I loved his composure and positivity
Montoya 7 - looked decent going forward without an end product. Got skinned a couple of times defensively but otherwise very good.
March 7 - played a very simple game throughout but it really suited him. I'm not usually a fan of his on the left but he looked promising out there.
Gross 7 - a few good balls and set pieces and we looked solid in the middle with him on the pitch, but lacks the mobility and pace to really play the role he's being asked to play.
Stephens 8 - very good defensively; his passing out from the base of midfield was excellent at times.
Propper 7.5 - did some excellent things and worked diligently defensively, but should've scored and didn't quite have the end product with his passing
Trossard 8.5 - very good. I like the fact that he's willing to take chances and shots. His movement was good too, although he looked a tad weak on the ball at times.
Murray 6.5 - a part in the goal which brings his mark up, but otherwise he wasn't involved anywhere near enough, he didn't offer the movement or pace in behind and he didn't hold the ball well enough, often enough. Still has something, but I'd be surprised if he's our CF come the end of the season.

Subs
Andone 6 - ran the channels well but wasn't involved as much as he'd like
Maupay 6 - should've had at least a couple of goals but his movement was good throughout.
Mooy - N/A

Potter 8 - tactically spot on until the subs which took the impetus away and lost us the midfield control we'd had previously. That's the type of football I've been waiting to see for the past 4 years though, and the promise of that performance outweighs the end result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here