Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Please god we are not playing 433 as suggested on Albion website with Gross part of the three. For me that was when it really started to go wrong last season when he came back from injury and CH played him as part of a three instead of further forward. Wasted there. I would be excited to see him in the middle of the forward three in a 4231 with Trossard and March either side.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Please god we are not playing 433 as suggested on Albion website with Gross part of the three. For me that was when it really started to go wrong last season when he came back from injury and CH played him as part of a three instead of further forward. Wasted there. I would be excited to see him in the middle of the forward three in a 4231 with Trossard and March either side.

This is pretty funky huh? Sell a fan favourite and then pick the team that got Hughton the sack, formation and all.
Surreal day.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What team were some people expecting? We haven't signed a right back so Montoya is first choice, we haven't signed any first team CM's and Bissouma is injured so we're starting with Stephens and Propper. Murray has been our main goalscorer throughout the past two seasons and unless we sign someone else I assume he will continue as first choice. The only question mark comes on the wings and it has been suggested that Potter won't play with out and out wingers so perhaps he's giving Locadia a go more centrally than he was playing last season. I'm sure Trossard and Jahanbakhsh will get 45 mins anyway.

Finally, it's a pre season friendly - not a competitive game so I'm sure Potter is still assessing his options both tactically and personnel wise before the season starts.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What team were some people expecting? We haven't signed a right back so Montoya is first choice, we haven't signed any first team CM's and Bissouma is injured so we're starting with Stephens and Propper. Murray has been our main goalscorer throughout the past two seasons and unless we sign someone else I assume he will continue as first choice. The only question mark comes on the wings and it has been suggested that Potter won't play with out and out wingers so perhaps he's giving Locadia a go more centrally than he was playing last season. I'm sure Trossard and Jahanbakhsh will get 45 mins anyway.

Finally, it's a pre season friendly - not a competitive game so I'm sure Potter is still assessing his options both tactically and personnel wise before the season starts.

Was secretly hoping Potter had seen enough of some of the old guard to get rid, and got enough out of some of the new players to do something fairly bold. Would love to see a front 4 of Ali J, Trossard, Andone and Locadia...not because I rate them, but because I was hoping last year was just a cock up.

Clearly the Valencia game will be a stronger indication of Potter's plans, but it is just a bit disconcerting that the team he has picked in the first proper friendly is the EXACT team (and maybe even formation) that CH would pick.
Still, we know from last night that he's not afraid to move the players around.
And it's only a friendly.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Think it will be a 4-2-3-1, that is what GP likes. He changes to a 5-3-2 often during games (like last night) not sure how that will work with current line up tho?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think it was in the great book Brilliant Orange that the writer talks to Cruyff about how, as a young player, he would try and hit the bar or post on purpose to build up the excitement for his eventual goals.
Potter is doing something like this now. Genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here