Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert scores

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It may be correct he was prepared to drop down into the championship as he wanted the assurance it would be easier for him to score goals and get assists and be the hero again. That may or may not be true I guess we don't really know.however what we do know with some degree of certainty Is despite dropping down a division he has got himself a substantial pay rise possibly as much an extra £20-30k per week. That in itself I suspect is a huge incentive to move. Plus of course a signing on fee which is likely I'm guessing be around another £1m . Not bad for a step down eh.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It may be correct he was prepared to drop down into the championship as he wanted the assurance it would be easier for him to score goals and get assists and be the hero again. That may or may not be true I guess we don't really know.however what we do know with some degree of certainty Is despite dropping down a division he has got himself a substantial pay rise possibly as much an extra £20-30k per week. That in itself I suspect is a huge incentive to move. Plus of course a signing on fee which is likely I'm guessing be around another £1m . Not bad for a step down eh.

A step down from a club that he said he never wanted to leave. I don’t know why there is all this blind loyalty. Seems to me he showed us very little.

Another point. Fulham “enquired about his availability”. Why would Fulham enquire about a regular Premier League starters availability unless the player and his agent were angling for a move?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The new Barnes has arrived on NSC. Every goal, assist, card and fart will now be poured over forensically for the next 5 years, whether it be against Luton or Liverpool.

Happy days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He agreed to go to Fulham. HE DIDN’T WANT TO PLAY FOR US ANYMORE! It’s as simple as that. At least we let him go rather than allow him to sit around sulking

You have got no idea if he wanted to play for us again or not. Players have little say in it. Agents and clubs move players around like commodities.
They do the polite thing of saying they have always wanted to play for such & such a team, but that's just platitudes.

The way you posted it twice in CAPITALS says to me, you're having problems coping and have convinced yourself of his perfidy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The new Barnes has arrived on NSC. Every goal, assist, card and fart will now be poured over forensically for the next 5 years, whether it be against Luton or Liverpool.

Happy days.

What we need is a distraction... like winning games, with a new hero the fore... Until we sign a new maverick we'll all be wearing a frown... we need a new king to crown...

The king will come, throw down thy sword.

Argus watcher of the skies will deliver the news.

Like a leaf in the stream.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You have got no idea if he wanted to play for us again or not. Players have little say in it. Agents and clubs move players around like commodities.
They do the polite thing of saying they have always wanted to play for such & such a team, but that's just platitudes.

The way you posted it twice in CAPITALS says to me, you're having problems coping and have convinced yourself of his perfidy.

So why would a Premier League player with a contract and a manager who has said he wants to keep him move? Do you really think someone as emotional as Anthony Knockaert would have been ditched by the club, moved on against his will and down a division to boot without a public hissy fit? Look at the pictures of him in his Fulham kit. He looks absolutely delighted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, he is a Brighton player after all :thumbsup:

Exactly. Goldson was sold, and further down the page we're still talking about Kazenga.
Knocky is still a Brighton player.
Talking of which can we recall him in the January window?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
We all know that Knocky is a very emotional sort and wears his heart on his sleeve. His classy and relatively unemotional Instagram post fairly clearly shows that he is completely ok with the move. If he was upset or aggrieved with the Albion then you would think that it would have shown up in his comments.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

As for me coping, I’m disappointed he’s gone. I really am. However, he clearly didn’t want to play for us. Maybe it was because Hughton went, maybe it was an agent engineered move for money. It doesn’t matter really but it’s clear to me that he’ was perfectly happy to move on so I won’t be mourning his departure.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What we need is a distraction... like winning games, with a new hero the fore... Until we sign a new maverick we'll all be wearing a frown... we need a new king to crown...

The king will come, throw down thy sword.

Argus watcher of the skies will deliver the news.

Like a leaf in the stream.

Alzate means 'raise or lift' or 'get up'.
He is the saviour.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So why would a Premier League player with a contract and a manager who has said he wants to keep him move? Do you really think someone as emotional as Anthony Knockaert would have been ditched by the club, moved on against his will and down a division to boot without a public hissy fit? Look at the pictures of him in his Fulham kit. He looks absolutely delighted.

Funnily enough I saw an interview with him and I thought completely the opposite.
Sounded seriously underwhelmed

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As if the Ashley Barnes thread bouncing wasn't exciting enough, we will now have a new thread every time Knockaert scores, even in a ****ing nothing pre season game. Fantastic. Can't wait til Hughton gets another job and a new thread gets started every time his team wins a corner.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The bad decisions are always remembered more than the good so it's hardly surprising these threads popping up, always the way.

Not sure the logic behind slapping up another Knockaert montage on Seagulls player either, other than to piss people off even more.

And yes, fans are pissed off about it, despite the middle-aged and senior demographic on here wanting to play cool.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ on an actual ****ing bike sake.

OK, answer me this. Should we have let Knocky go or was it a terrible mistake?

Or has this been so done to death that I might have to start yet another obscure music thread, by way of revenge, so help me see if I don't.

:rant::shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah fantastic+...at last someone who knows exactly why he left. Enlighten us oh font of this knowledge.

Oh god. Will people stop bleating on about Knockaert. He clearly wanted out or he wouldn’t have moved down a division. He’s a confidence player so guess what, he’ll be feeling loved right now and will play well.

Our loyalties lie with the club, not with a player so desperate to leave us that he took a backwards step.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So why would a Premier League player with a contract and a manager who has said he wants to keep him move?

When did Potter say he wanted to keep him? Must have missed that. AK clearly wasn't part of his plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here