Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Backs to the wall every week, against the bulk of the division, is not heroic.

Backs to the wall, when in shit form, away at Spurs, who were on fire, and had yet to concede a single goal at the new ground, with every player giving their absolute all, in defence of our goal, was in my eyes, undeniably heroic.

I will not deny that the players gave their all..for a change. The other game they did that was against Wolves. Doesn’t say much for the way they were managed that it came to that though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I will not deny that the players gave their all..for a change. The other game they did that was against Wolves. Doesn’t say much for the way they were managed that it came to that though.

I think that is a whole different argument.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Losing that game against Fulham loast Saturday meant absolutely noting, ok we all like to wine every game that we participate in, but it was a pre season kickabout, a fitness exercise, the result was largely immaterial.

Totally agree.

I was responding to post #61 which I interpret as a subtle dig at Potter (he couldn’t overcome Fulham in the match, benchmarking that at against CH giving us a higher final PL position than Fulham).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m going out on a limb here, but I’m going to hazard a guess that you’re not Chris’s agent, are you.

LoL [emoji23] No, I am Tony’s [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris McPhee scored twice....

Ben Roberts was Comedy Keeper on that day... Does Potter remember his howler ?

( There's the Official Match Thread in The Other Stuff )

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ead-***-Albion-3-1-Boston-***-Discuss-it-here

[emoji38]ol:
Ah yes, Chris McPhee - the striker whose shortcomings were exposed in minute detail by the Sky Sports team in an FA Cup tie v. Fulham, IIRC. And talking of turkeys, this guy is really on the ball...
The Southern Quarter Finals.

So you have to win the Southern Final to play the real final vs the northern winners.

theboybilly

I think a truly serious question should be asked. What is Tony expecting from Potter and what is a way to measure the success of that expectation that makes his performance better than what Tony would have expected from Chris Hughton? I think that question should be asked of every owner after he replaces a manager who wasn't that unsuccessful (probably the real reason CH was so shocked when he was sacked) and the team was not relegated like Fulham, who Potter lost to this past week.

I don't suppose TB is 'expecting' anything better than what Hughton could have done but is confident that GP will improve things (as am I funnily enough)
There are no guarantees. As for asking for excuses for a lost friendly game I think you won't get much joy as it's pretty pointless.
I hope this question doesn't waste time that could be spent asking relevant questions

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't suppose TB is 'expecting' anything better than what Hughton could have done but is confident that GP will improve things (as am I funnily enough)

I think all it needs for Bloom's decision to be justified is that we stay up again and are a little bit more entertaining. That's all. From there, we can build. Fingers crossed (though I'm probably not as confident as you right now, unless we bring in a couple of players).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No one in the audience will have the courage to mention that (intimidated by the suits and by the majority of the audience who’d collectively groan if someone dared question a lack of transfer business).

They have done multiple times in past. .and if they don’t then Johnny Cantor will ask it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I assume this is still on for tonight at 7pm? Surprised this is not plugged on the OS or nobody has sent out a reminder.

Which I have just done!

It's 'sold' out.............club have tweeted reminders, links to the live stream, restated the opportunity to send in questions if you aren't attending etc................

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's 'sold' out.............club have tweeted reminders, links to the live stream, restated the opportunity to send in questions if you aren't attending etc................

And BBC Sussex sport have been tweeting about it this week asking for questions to be put to the panel etc.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Will the ESU men’s toilet floors get a proper clean this year ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why can't I take my flask into the ground?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Are there any new pies scheduled for the new season, and when are sporks going to be provided, and will they be environmentally friendly?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"If Potter keeps us up, does the double over Palace and gets us to a semi-final at Wembley - are you going to sack him as well?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here