Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley Town v Brighton And Hove Albion Tonight 19.45 K.O Peoples Pension Stadium

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Glad I decided not to go to Fulham I had thought about going as a day out in London, did they move after they got relegated????

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Absolute bollocks. You play a mixed squad through both fixtures allowing all players the chance to improve their fitness.

Potter leading out our (Rusk's) Dev squad, largely unchanged through the game is disrespectful to Crawley, the fans that expected more than a single outcast senior player and the rest of the squad that won't get more than 45 mins tomorrow.

Disrespectful to Crawley? We won.

Players are adapting to a totally new style of play and formation, we need the likely starters to play together as much a possible.

Jesus, you'll all be complaining if we look strangers at Watford.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Disrespectful to Crawley? We won.

Players are adapting to a totally new style of play and formation, we need the likely starters to play together as much a possible.

Jesus, you'll all be complaining if we look strangers at Watford.

Hugely disrespectful, from CT fans. Tout the game as BHAFC then the 3rd string development squad walk out, doesn't matter if we won its preseason the score is completely irrelevant.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Just think it would make sense to play the stronger team against Fulham on the Saturday afternoon. We don't have enough pre-season games to mix up the teams that much.

Totally agree matey, but wish they had of said, as it was a bit of a farce. I would have given £10 to Crawley and watched it on the player and gone to the game tomorrow. Unfortunately the other half is not so forgiving two days running, with a 14 day old in the house?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I always thought pre-season friendlies were for the benefit of the team, preparing them to be up and firing on all cylinders on day 1 of the real season, rather than the benefit of spectators? With ten or a dozen substitutions often taking place all through the game, pre-season friendlies are never going to be a 'proper' match anyway.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I always thought pre-season friendlies were for the benefit of the team, preparing them to be up and firing on all cylinders on day 1 of the real season, rather than the benefit of spectators? With ten or a dozen substitutions often taking place all through the game, pre-season friendlies are never going to be a 'proper' match anyway.

Yes, well done. The development squad did make 6 or 7 changes this evening.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

No it's about respecting opposition supporters.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What I feel pissed off about. Loads of kids turn up, stand at the front at the very least to get a signature and see their heroes close up. Had many of us adults, fans, supporters known what team would have been put out, I am sure there would have been around a couple of hundred Brighton fans present. Its undignified to Crawley as it only appears now purely for gate receipt purposes and not the game, and is a game that could have easily been played at our excellence center at any time.

I and the ten who went today, spent a few quid, took time out of work to go and got soaked, leaving at half time. If i had known that the near full squad x 2 would be playing v Fulham at Aldershot tomorrow, we all would have gone to that instead.

I understand the need to play the youth and the future but there is a time and a place for it.

I thought most adults would be able to figure out that if we’re playing 2 games in 2 days that one team would be significantly weaker than the other. Hmm I wonder if we’ll play the kids against Crawley or Fulham? :shrug:

Common sense isn’t that common, apparently.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Disgraceful from the club. At least have the respect to field a handful of senior players.

Or call it what it is. Don't list it as a senior fixture and play the development squad + Hemed.

Are you some kind of wind up? Seriously? GP had already said he was fielding a younger side for Crawley to see what the younger players could do. What did you expect for god sake? Just because got you got wet, no need to throw your toys out of the pram. :tantrum:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Disgraceful from the club. At least have the respect to field a handful of senior players.

Or call it what it is. Don't list it as a senior fixture and play the development squad + Hemed.

Disgraceful? Are you from Purley?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What I feel pissed off about. Loads of kids turn up, stand at the front at the very least to get a signature and see their heroes close up. Had many of us adults, fans, supporters known what team would have been put out, I am sure there would have been around a couple of hundred Brighton fans present. Its undignified to Crawley as it only appears now purely for gate receipt purposes and not the game, and is a game that could have easily been played at our excellence center at any time.

I and the ten who went today, spent a few quid, took time out of work to go and got soaked, leaving at half time. If i had known that the near full squad x 2 would be playing v Fulham at Aldershot tomorrow, we all would have gone to that instead.

I understand the need to play the youth and the future but there is a time and a place for it.

Too much holiday allowance me thinks :facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought most adults would be able to figure out that if we’re playing 2 games in 2 days that one team would be significantly weaker than the other. Hmm I wonder if we’ll play the kids against Crawley or Fulham? :shrug:

Common sense isn’t that common, apparently.

Though to be fair, the last couple of seasons we have been splitting the first team between games.

Didn’t worry me as I watch the Development Squad as well, but I do understand where people are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Fair play for going to a crap friendly, and fair play for standing about in the rain at a crap friendly, but it’s probably best that when Potter says he will be playing the Development Squad, and he plays the Development Squad, you expect him to be playing the Development Squad and not the first team. Surely one of your ten has access to some form of social media

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:blush:I offer my embarrassed apologies for all comments made on this thread and withdraw them all

Turns out that the stream that I was watching was an old game from the Amex against Crawley. There was no commentary and the Albion won 2-1 in an absolutely abysmal game. Had no idea until I looked at the Argus review of the match.

:tosser:

:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here