Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thought that was his face that hit the fence from the heli camera. Commentary now saying he caught his leg on the fence.

Just had to pop out for 5 minutes, I presume he didn't get back on and finish?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Dedicated to [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION]. When I went to switch off my rear light on Tuesday, the banded-fixed thing wasn't there. Fair play, it finally escaped. Saw no debris, so hopefully another rider had a 'finders keepers' moment. Lucky bleeder, it was a good one. Upgraded the knog blinder. I ain't involving trading standards - its evil. Banded of course so will mull over security to reduce the risk of another escape.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dedicated to [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION]. When I went to switch off my rear light on Tuesday, the banded-fixed thing wasn't there. Fair play, it finally escaped. Saw no debris, so hopefully another rider had a 'finders keepers' moment. Lucky bleeder, it was a good one. Upgraded the knog blinder. I ain't involving trading standards - its evil. Banded of course so will mull over security to reduce the risk of another escape.

And I've just bought a NiteRider Sentry aero 260. Can't escape the rubber band, sadly

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Enjoy tomorrow’s stage Pogue. That’s your neck of the woods isn’t it?

Not too far, but still a fair distance - I am not going, another day cycling in 38 degrees of heat.

The stage on Sunday goes within 5 miles of my house - obviously I will go and see this one.

Look out for me, it’ll be about 1.30ish, on a little climb just past Esperanza (they will shoot past). I’ll wave an Albion flag!

D

Deleted member 22389

Unusual to see a French rider in yellow at this point of the tour. Wonder if he can hold onto the end,? France will go crazy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Movistar - The gift that keeps on giving. :lolol: :facepalm: :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Extraterrestrial? Have to say this is concerning me a bit now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'm thoroughly enjoying the moment, but my eyebrow has been slightly raised today I must confess. This is only the first real test in the mountains though, and the jersey adrenaline boost must still be strong. If he doesn't do a Simon Yates at last year's Giro very soon then I will be deeply concerned.

So good to see G lose time today. Probably just a bad day, but now we can at least have a glimmer of hope again that we really do have a wide open race this year at long long last.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I'm thoroughly enjoying the moment, but my eyebrow has been slightly raised today I must confess.

My eyebrows were firmly raised yesterday after the TT, but I eventually justified that as the TT being perfect for him and he was in yellow.

Not sure what to make of today, like you say I am expecting him to crack big time. He made some big, albeit short efforts in the first few days whilst most were keeping their powder fully dry.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
After the huge amount of English success at le Tour over the last few years (Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome, Grant Thomas), is it time to claim Alan Phillips as one of our own?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
After the huge amount of English success at le Tour over the last few years (Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome, Grant Thomas), is it time to claim Alan Phillips as one of our own?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I don't think Cortina can win le tour tbh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if Movistar ever became a serious professional outfit.

I spent three quarters of my day, stroking my chin wondering what they were up too.
It makes for the perfect release from the attrition being wound up by all the proper teams.

I can take myself out of the race, go through their permutations, then concentrate again on the real teams, nicely cleansed.

Then with about 5kms to go I get the relief of the entire team blowing up and riding backwards, clearing the way for everybody else who are actually trying to win.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if Movistar ever became a serious professional outfit.

I spent three quarters of my day, stroking my chin wondering what they were up too.
It makes for the perfect release from the attrition being wound up by all the proper teams.

I can take myself out of the race, go through their permutations, then concentrate again on the real teams, nicely cleansed.

Then with about 5kms to go I get the relief of the entire team blowing up and riding backwards, clearing the way for everybody else who are actually trying to win.

Yes...but, but....

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2019/stage-14-teams

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here