Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
The market price is whatever people are prepared to pay.

The selling club may not want to sell at that price which is fair enough, so the selling price (i.e. club valuation, NOT necessarily the same as the market valuation) is whatever they want but that does not make it the market price (unless someone pays it!)

For example, your car may be worth £10k but if someone knocked on your door and asked to buy it you may say no. You are entitled to say "not selling it, but if you give be £15k I will consider it".

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The market price is whatever people are prepared to pay.

The selling club may not want to sell at that price which is fair enough, so the selling price (i.e. club valuation, NOT necessarily the same as the market valuation) is whatever they want but that does not make it the market price (unless someone pays it!)

For example, your car may be worth £10k but if someone knocked on your door and asked to buy it you may say no. You are entitled to say "not selling it, but if you give be £15k I will consider it".

well thought through

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hoping he would go to an Italian club, they would love all the drama in the box.
We wouldn't have to watch him week in and week out as well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I have it on good authority that the deal for Zaha to Arsenal has been on the table for weeks, and it all hinges on the Man Utd / Aubameyang deal going ahead.
When that’s confirmed, Zaha will go to the Arse.
That’s all for now folks, I’ll keep you updated from my impeccable source :thumbsup:

I guess that would make some sense, Auba wasn't a starter every week for Arsenal, but did keep scoring when playing, Man Utd shift Lukaku to Italy, sign Auba and Arsenal use those funds to up the bid for Zaha to £60m plus a player, plus add ons.

That is a few links in the chain though and could take a while to resolve, plus would Arsenal want to sell to a direct rival?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Another thought on market price:

If Prince Charming thinks the SEGW is worth £90 million what have CPFC2010 insured him for?
Surely there’s someone ITK to enlighten us.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As you very clearly dislike people with speech impediments being mocked ( and I agree with your view ), perhaps you might like to know that the "theReichstuff" apparently AKA as "Dougie" on here started a thread on your own forum labelled " Have BWighton become a selling club " . An undoubted mocking of our chairman.

Would you like to take this opportunity of stating on here your equal disgust for your fellow comrade and name him in your reply ?
If his answer has fwied chicken in, I think this forum may eat itself.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Here’s a question. Would you be happy for dunk to be sold at market value or for what Tony would want ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't want him to go to be honest.

He might actually perform in a half decent team. And he'll do it against us.

I'm not really convinced. I think he is far too mentally fragile. He totally bottled it when he had the chance at United (I don't for one minute believe his failing there was because they wouldn't give him a car!). Twice last season we bullied him out of the game. And let's not forget that a big cuddly wasp reduced him to tears.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God this is so freakin painful.

If Dunk is sold he will be sold for a price that is acceptable to all parties, that price will then be known as THE MARKET VALUE.

But:-

Dunk has not demanded a move.
Dunk as not stipulated the destination of said move.
No club(s) has said they must have Dunk.

If IF Leicester do come a shopping, they will do so with a very public £80m in the bank, instantly weakening their own bargaining power.

Tumble has put the cart in front of the horse.
Arsenal have said "happy days here comes a low bid" because:-

He wants to leave.
He insists on coming to us.
No other club will outbid us.
We don't have the money for a big signing.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm at the stage where I'm starting to hope he stays. He must carry a right stench of arrogance and disharmony with him, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to share a dressing room with him. Maybe another £20k a week could help recenter his focus?!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Here’s a question. Would you be happy for dunk to be sold at market value or for what Tony would want ?

Genuinely - if we got a fair offer, and he was desperate to go to the club he supports (a la Zaha) I would be happy. Fair offer and market value obviously differ but I wouldn't sniff at it.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

How very dare you, himshe troll, are you insinuating that our Chairman is "mean" in a spendthrift way and by doing so reflecting back to his Christian beliefs and in fact referring to his heritage with rascist undertones ? That's disgusting, far far worse than any Fried Chicken reference ! You dickless or dickmore pussy*

* ( whatever sex you decide on today)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happy? Well I'd only be happy if he was sold for what Tony would want. So likewise, I understand you'd only be happy if Haha was sold for what your club wants, but I recognise his market value is somewhat lower.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

You sir are living proof that Darwin was wrong.

The market value is what the seller is willing to sell for and what the buyer is willing to pay. It is a transaction between two parties.

Zahahahaha has no market value as the asking price is not viewed as acceptable by any prospective buyers. As soon as a buyer makes a bid then you’ll have a better idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here