Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatsapp Group for Kids football being hijacked by ‘mumsnet’ lot !!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mind you it wasn't always the case. Two seasons ago when I was coaching it was subject to regular meltdowns by a mum who ws convinced her offspring was the next Messi (he wasn't) and that the coaches were "just parents anyway". She also used to regularly interrupt team talks and her special one was always five minutes late for training or games. Luckily she eventually got the hump when we repeatedly called her out on it, on both whatsapp and to her face, and she ****ed off somewhere else, thank Christ.

Few seasons ago we had a very similar situation where parents of the worst player were convinced their son was brilliant and would post asking why he wasn't picked for certain games etc. Got very awkward for everyone. Like in your case they got the message eventually and left.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Few seasons ago we had a very similar situation where parents of the worst player were convinced their son was brilliant and would post asking why he wasn't picked for certain games etc. Got very awkward for everyone. Like in your case they got the message eventually and left.

:lolol:

This kid was OK but we used to get feedback like "how is xxxxxxx going to get signed by a professional club when we have parents as coaches"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How did you all manage before WhatsApp?

Text message as soon as the coach knows the kick off time and match venue, text also asking is son available for match.
Reminders about match mentioned at training.
Sometimes another text on a Saturday or Sunday morning if the weather has been shit and the game is off.

This coming season will be my youngest lads last one in youth football ( U16 s ) he's played in a team since the age of 6, one of my other lads played youth football for 8 years. Texts have always worked. :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The worst offenders in the group for parents of myson's team are a pair of dads who forward on really unfunny videos that invariably have some crude and obvious jokes about sex or the size of tits etc. Seems really inappropriate. Generally everyone just seems to ignore them but would love a magic solution to shut them up.

Send them a load of vids of really fit women with great tits that turn out to have cocks, or maybe an apparently innocent video that results in loud sex noises from your phone.

I’ve got literally dozens of both genres over my various WhatsApp groups saved media.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol:

This kid was OK but we used to get feedback like "how is xxxxxxx going to get signed by a professional club when we have parents as coaches"

:facepalm: As we know, a common sign of the times. No doubt already envisaging her early retirement and future wealth from piggybacking on the son’s pro footballer career.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Caravan? Waterfall? Hot tub? Wind chimes?

That's moneyed-chav bingo!

I was starting to sympathise with them until the mention of wind chimes. Anyone with wind chimes can f*** right off.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What a great account that is. I'm going to waste an hour trawling through that.

It's utterly magnificent. There's a lot nonsense posted on NSC, but this is a whole new level.

Took me while to discover this:
https://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms
I was wondering what DH stood for. I'm guessing the D actually stands for "Dumb" rather than "Darling/Dear"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's utterly magnificent. There's a lot nonsense posted on NSC, but this is a whole new level.

Took me while to discover this:
https://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms
I was wondering what DH stood for. I'm guessing the D actually stands for "Dumb" rather than "Darling/Dear"

"CC

controlled crying"

...just in case we were ever in any doubt.....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Same here

We have split them out and give warnings on ours.

One contains all of the info about matches, where we are meeting, who needs a lift etc. Anything else is deleted off it.

Then we have a coaches group which has us coaches as well as a few selected Dads that come on our pub trips. The mums then made their own which we let them crack on with. We used to have a group for each one of the teams but it turned in to a bitch fest when the second team got upset all their kids weren't in the first team. We learnt this lesson and have a single group one now!

So I’m chairman of one local youth football team my son plays U10s, and coach my daughter’s girls team at another club, my WhatsApp groups are:
Managers All
Committee
Fundraising
U10 team
U15 girls all
U15 girls coaching/admin

That’s just my kids football WhatsApps! :lolol:

Have to be very careful I don’t post things in the wrong groups...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[TWEET]1141372766521835520[/TWEET]

This is my favourite so far :lolol:

Bell Cheese of the highest order.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone who has been on the safeguarding course will know Whatsup groups etc are extremely hard to police. If sent out to children they should be sent to the whole group not individual kids. Secondly insist it's just for info from the coach and not a chat room to promote their little super stars.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Anyone who has been on the safeguarding course will know Whatsup groups etc are extremely hard to police. If sent out to children they should be sent to the whole group not individual kids. Secondly insist it's just for info from the coach and not a chat room to promote their little super stars.

Very much agree. Ours are parents only and the difficulty to Police led to the collation of the different Team groups.

Joined the bloody committee on Monday and was added to another group last night. I am sure that youth football is taking over my life. I have my eldest in the U10s where I am a coach and have already been lined up to manage my youngest sons team when he is old enough (currently 2)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Women always do this on WhatsApp. We have a work one that is supposed to be about success/barriers and such...it regularly features some birds dog in a pair of rabbit ears and pictures of shoes and other shit.

It’s just how they roll.

Send them a load of vids of really fit women with great tits that turn out to have cocks, or maybe an apparently innocent video that results in loud sex noises from your phone.

I’ve got literally dozens of both genres over my various WhatsApp groups saved media.

Yes you have haven't you.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Very much agree. Ours are parents only and the difficulty to Police led to the collation of the different Team groups.

Joined the bloody committee on Monday and was added to another group last night. I am sure that youth football is taking over my life. I have my eldest in the U10s where I am a coach and have already been lined up to manage my youngest sons team when he is old enough (currently 2)

Whole separate thread could be created on football politics. The arguments about next years kit are driving me insane.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here