Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Potter won’t want anyone in the squad who won’t do the things he wants them to do - on and off the pitch. It’s possible that Bloom has had a quiet word in his ear about behaviour, reputation, etc so I’m sure Potter will be using this tour and pre season to really find out what he’s inherited - on and off the pitch.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Our most effective winger from last season. Would be a huge blow to lose him. Surely we won't sell.

He might be a 'championship player' but he was better than most and contributed a lot to our survival. Would prefer we did some sort of deal to either get Cairney or Mitrovic rather than cash...

Interesting everyone rates Wilson but he has only performed at Championship level yet accuse Ak of same level.

maybe a bit sentimental but the goal against Palace away will live in my memory for a long long time and I guess everyone who was there.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Take it and run. Good player on his day but has serious emotional issues.

By serious emotional issues do you mean his brother [when younger] then father died and his wife left him with their young son?

Christ I’d hate to be part of your family unit if anything happened like that - “oh get over it, what’s the matter with all these emotional issues”

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That's the real problem though, isn't it. Flailing arms and failing to track back when you sulk having not got the ball costs us goals.

I totally disagree with the accusation he doesn't track back. I think he's very hard working and he's probably better than any of our other wingers at tracking back.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd be gutted if he left. I think the reaction to this news shows how fickle our fan base can be sometimes. I don't remember anyone saying "championship player" when he scored his belter against palace.

Ryan Harley scored a cracker at home to Peterborough, I don't remember many sticking up for him and claiming his one good goal made up for an otherwise crap season.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Not sure if Knocky going there would attract CH.

Why didn’t Fulham splash the cash last season to stay up? Oh !
Just a hunch, I suspect that CH will end up at a London championship club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I wouldn't hate to see him go. If we accept 15m he wouldn't be eyed a first teamer. Having a fidgety Knocky on the bench could get difficult.

That said, if Potter thinks he can control him and improve him I'm happy to see him stay.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm pretty sure I said it last season, possibly in connection with Leeds, but for a promotion-chasing Championship side, Knockaert makes a lot of sense, and would boost the chances of most getting promoted.

£15m feels about right too.

As great as Knocky has been for the Albion it's hard to disagree with this, as we all know he is a flair player and at his happiest and most effective when playing in an attacking line up. Having to constantly track back and engage in defensive duties really isn't his forte at all, and when his petualant and sulky nature can take over The fee quoted sounds pretty favourable too.

The one problem l have, is that although we are well off in wide attacking areas at the moment, it would be good if we were able to bed in the likes of Trossard and be getting the best out of Jakhanbash and Locadia before we were to let him go, but obviously that wouldn't be an option in this transfer window.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dont want him to go cos he might just be a better player with Potters style of play.
If he does, Knocky and £15 million for Mitrovic will do for me

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The state of some of our fans. On the one hand they for some reason believe Locadia, Andone and Ali J will be transformed into world beaters under Potter, and on the other they think we should bin off 'Championship' Knockaert.

Fickle ****ing idiots.

If he flops under Potter a whole host of Championship teams will fancy him in January. Absolutely no need to sell him now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He might be a 'championship player' but he was better than most and contributed a lot to our survival. Would prefer we did some sort of deal to either get Cairney or Mitrovic rather than cash...

Interesting everyone rates Wilson but he has only performed at Championship level yet accuse Ak of same level.

maybe a bit sentimental but the goal against Palace away will live in my memory for a long long time and I guess everyone who was there.
I don’t rate Wilson was dog shit in the PO final a poor Knockhaert.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don’t rate Wilson was dog shit in the PO final a poor Knockhaert.

Brilliant set-pieces aside, he's really not that good.

(Not that his set pieces are not REALLY good, and not to say that he might not BECOME a great player, but right now he offers no improvement to our side).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here