Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Albion Sign Dutch international’ email (womens)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It really isn't chauvinism. I'm sure the reaction would've been the same if we'd signed an U16 male Dutch international and they didn't specify in the title, making people believe it was for the 1st team.

The next step for the club is to find a player that share a name with a town and do the old "XXXX signs" trick!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It got a bit of a sigh from me, after some brief excitement. But the way marketing works these days I was already thinking "Dutch International - yeah, but he might be Proper's understudy, with 10 squad selections and just 4 substitute appearances, when Davy needs a breather."

I'm sure that in the corporate World the discussion included someone dismissing the need to put "womens" in the headline anywhere because "we don't put 'Mens' do we, so no we shouldn't."

All getting a bit boring tbh. The womens game isn't as popular, and is very unlikely to ever be as popular. How they make it more popular, is a challenge, but the answer is not to simply pretend it's all the same and anyone who chooses to watch the mens, but not the womens is a sexist pig; which is how it has felt the last couple of months.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's pretty easy to address people's criticism here isn't it ?

Just need a #tag which people can filter out on their twitter ( never tried this, surely possible ), and to not ( I suspect deliberately ) try to be ambiguous on email titles.

There you go, bhafc - some practical and free suggestions to respond to this negative feedback.

A beer token would be appreciated by way of thanks :drink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This.

It's amazing that people are getting their knickers in a twist about this.

Quite.

I've no particular interest in the international achievements of the Albion Powerchair players, or wear-blue-and-white-to-work day, or the next working breakfast at the Amex, but I just delete the emails/ ignore the tweets and get on with things rather than suggesting the Albion are somehow trying to impose their evil will on me.

Weird how it's just the email about the women's football team that's causing upset.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's pretty easy to address people's criticism here isn't it ?

Just need a #tag which people can filter out on their twitter ( never tried this, surely possible ), and to not ( I suspect deliberately ) try to be ambiguous on email titles.

There you go, bhafc - some practical and free suggestions to respond to this negative feedback.

A beer token would be appreciated by way of thanks :drink:

You can mute individuals on Twitter, so you don't see their posts, but can also mute words, terms or hashtags. For example: "Katie Hopkins", "Kardashian", "#LoveIsland" and so on.

Would be difficult to achieve this purely in terms of the Albion women's team, if it really bothers you so much, as it would require the club to create a women's specific hashtag. Commercially and ethically, that would make no sense for them to do, as it would go against their values of diversity and inclusivity.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’m a huge advocate of the women’s game & support club & country BUT is there really a need for the Albion to email a subject ‘Albion Sign Dutch International’ only for it to be a women’s team signing. Annoyed me :lol:

We all know the men’s team is the main one (that’s just how it is) for everyone, so was there any need to play with our emotions BHA marketing prat? :wave::glare:

LOLz. Big LOLz :)

#SnowflakeSheebo #NotITK :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can mute individuals on Twitter, so you don't see their posts, but can also mute words, terms or hashtags. For example: "Katie Hopkins", "Kardashian", "#LoveIsland" and so on.

Would be difficult to achieve this purely in terms of the Albion women's team, if it really bothers you so much, as it would require the club to create a women's specific hashtag. Commercially and ethically, that would make no sense for them to do, as it would go against their values of diversity and inclusivity.
It doesn't 'bother ME' at all.

However, the feedback on this thread suggests there is an issue the albion could address. So in search of a beer token I made a suggestion.

I assume there is a woman's super league #tag ? So the albion *could* use that ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Clickbait headlines in emails and weblinks do more harm than good since a disingenuous approach rarely helps with credibility and being taken seriously.

I'm enjoying the WWC and would love England to win. I'd like attendances to reverse their decline. And I hope Albion Women have a great 2019-2020.

But misleading people into opening emails they have no interest in to show falsified data at the next Albion marketing meeting is not the way to do it.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Funnily enough my wife, who is also a STH, opened up the e mail first, said 'oh we've signed another player, hang on its the womens team, who cares. It isn't the Albion. Why do they send us this rubbish?'.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I clicked on it only to see that they were talking about a lady. Disappointment. They had better get their 'proper' signings right, there is no CH to blame this coming season.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Quite.

I've no particular interest in the international achievements of the Albion Powerchair players, or wear-blue-and-white-to-work day, or the next working breakfast at the Amex, but I just delete the emails/ ignore the tweets and get on with things rather than suggesting the Albion are somehow trying to impose their evil will on me.

Weird how it's just the email about the women's football team that's causing upset.

I wouldn't open an amex breakfast email.
I would open Albion sign... or Man City tickets now on sale emails though.
The club are using clickbait.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Having received the email, stopped what I doing, got a little excited, I was disappointed when it turned out to be about a signing for the ladies team. But it passed quickly.
I have tried to watch the ladies world cup and to be fair it is okay but not something that peaks my interest greatly. I do wonder if the commentary is some of the problem. Every misplaced or overhit pass is greeted with, "what vision, always trying the imaginative" or "brilliant attempt at a defence splitting pass, unlucky". Before anyone accuses me of saying that only women misplace passes, let me state I am a season ticket holder in the WSU and watched the first team throughout last season!
Perhaps rather than trying to say if you watch men's football you must like this which is annoying and constantly comparing it to the men's game they should concentrate on marketing it for what it is, a new developing sport which is different to the men's game and build the audience base from there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’m a huge advocate of the women’s game & support club & country BUT is there really a need for the Albion to email a subject ‘Albion Sign Dutch International’ only for it to be a women’s team signing. Annoyed me :lol:

We all know the men’s team is the main one (that’s just how it is) for everyone, so was there any need to play with our emotions BHA marketing prat? :wave::glare:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Quite.

It is because it is intentionally misleading, unlike your other examples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here