Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
People who support Hughton at this point are basically just doing it to make themselves feel smart. They probably think they "see the bigger picture" and aren't reactionaries who ask for manager's head because of a little rough patch.

Nobody is expecting Brighton to be fighting for the Title, but it's clear from how Brighton has played this season that Chris Hughton has set this team up to have 0 confidence and basically play to not lose. There's no attempt to win, It's been damage control all season. You'll never succeed with that mentality.

I've made this analogy before, but Chris Hughton's tactics are basically North Korea in the 2010 World cup.

Couldn’t say it better. If we pulled something back and survive, same people will also say ‘told you so’.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He must have been sacked already. Has ashworth stuck the knife in?? How can you explain some of the worst football in the history of the premier League

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Look, players don't just Forget how to Attack or simply play Football!! something is VERY WRONG.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Someone tell Hughton “wars are not won by evacuations”

We are so bad. So bad. Lost for words really. I’m now starting to blame Bloom. Why has he not acted? Talk Sport are calling us subservient, slaughtering us for sticking to a philosophy that clearly doesn’t work...They’re not wrong are they?!

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
He's pulled Andone off again....what's going on there? - at least the lad has heart.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He must have been sacked already. Has ashworth stuck the knife in?? How can you explain some of the worst football in the history of the premier League

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree. Stuart Pearce has just said it was the worst PL first half performance of the season. We are so bad. So really bad. Please. I don’t care if we go down. Just sack Hughton now. TONIGHT. He has to go. We’ve just set a new club record for not scoring. And still it goes on.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry Chris. I'm done. There's just no getting away from the fact that we are dreadful. Every time we are on covered on TV or the radio, the commentary team cannot disguise their dismay. We all know it. Our football is woeful. It's not enough to be defensively resolute when we are so witless in possession. No sooner do we gain the ball than we give it straight back and invite more pressure upon ourselves.

Here we are in a game in which a win would see us safe and what have we served up so far? More of the same from a team that has failed to score in almost a quarter of a season. Just think about that for a moment. In recent games we can't even suggest we've been unlucky. We've made almost nothing. This is now the longest streak without a goal we have ever had in 119 years of trying. That is astonishing and a shocking indictment on Hughton's stewardship. I'm afraid we seem to be a broken club right now and Hughton does not seem to have any inkling of how to fix it.

He won't be sacked of course. Not at this stage of the season. We have him at least until the end of the season so we just have to soldier on as best we can.

I hate myself for feeling this way. I feel dirty for saying it but this is an utterly remarkable spell we are limping through.

Now come on lads. Bloody well prove me wrong in the next 40 minutes and make me look completely stupid. I'll happily come back on here and say I'm an idiot.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hang on he got us promoted 2 years ago so is immune to criticism and should be manager forevermore....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This is a major reason why Brighton have been and always will be a small club. We’re the nice family club and as long as we’re winning pie, programme and App of the year etc we’re happy with our lot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No change in view, we're not safe, we could still be relegated. We were absolutely dire in the first half, a different side came out for the second. Makes you wonder why Hughton plays such negative football when we can actually play.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No change in view, we're not safe, we could still be relegated. We were absolutely dire in the first half, a different side came out for the second. Makes you wonder why Hughton plays such negative football when we can actually play.

Because if we played open attacking football against most of these PL sides, we'll get ripped a new one, several times over IMO

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know how any manager would get these players to play...at the lowest level they are being paid to do a job, they aren't even doing that...Championship players at best...

Wrong, you don’t need any skill to show passion, in the first half nobody apart from Ryan looked as if they REALLY cared. They probably did but chose to hide. Totally unacceptable

I think a manager with just a little bit of attacking intent before we go a goal down could get more out of these players

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because if we played open attacking football against most of these PL sides, we'll get ripped a new one, several times over IMO

Really? So if we went on the front foot as we did second half today we couldn't hold our own? I think you are Hughton indoctrinated.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Yeah man. He keeps forgetting to turn the ‘attack’ switch on.

Or, more realistically, our poor squad with the 16th highest league wage bill isn’t that good?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Because they way we play currently is such a success. How many points has our ultra defensive approach earned us away to the big six in two seasons? Zero.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah man. He keeps forgetting to turn the ‘attack’ switch on.

Or, more realistically, our poor squad with the 16th highest league wage bill isn’t that good?

I could start a whole new thread on the wage bill shit after his depressing interview with the Argus. But actions speak louder than words and hopefully we'll be starting next season with a manager that can at least show offensive intent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here