Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Labour party and anti-Semitism

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
arbeit.jpg

'Tellier is a Labour branch secretary in Sheffield. She posted this on Twitter as her party’s latest anti-Semitism scandal raged. She has now been suspended.'

:nono:

Good God! Unreal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Correct and two totally unrelated subjects :facepalm:
I'm referring to your policy of never forget or forgive, a judgement and a view for life. Keep that hate Alf ! Except the Daily Mail can be forgiven of course.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm referring to your policy of never forget or forgive, a judgement and a view for life. Keep that hate Alf ! Except the Daily Mail can be forgiven of course.
So what's your view on the anti-Semitism? We know your view of the Daily Mail's opinion and from where I'm sitting it looks a lot like you're deflecting and dismissing the issue. It's fair to say you're more bothered about commenting on a Daily Mail opinion from 85 years ago rather than racism a day ago.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So what's your view on the anti-Semitism? We know your view of the Daily Mail's opinion and from where I'm sitting it looks a lot like you're deflecting and dismissing the issue. It's fair to say you're more bothered about commenting on a Daily Mail opinion from 85 years ago rather than racism a day ago.

I think that anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial is atrocious and has no place in our society just like racism and sectarianism. Surely you would, like me, take that as a given for nearly everyone on here and in our society ?

Would you prefer we did something like they do in AA and when they talk to the group they preface any statements with " I'm an Alcoholic and..... " In the manner of " I'm very anti racist and anti persecution of Jewish people..... " ?

My post shone a little light on the double standards of hatred, racism and sectarianism.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My post shone a little light on the double standards of hatred, racism and sectarianism.

Rubbish.

By your own admission as the above quote, you wanted to chuck in some whataboutery and you could have picked a hundred different contemporary subjects to deflect but as always you went for the Daily Mail (this time from 85 years ago) because it's easy, requires no thought and guaranteed to deflect.. The Daily Mail is leftie version of Godwin's Law. Mention of that newspaper and there's no further need for debate. Gets you off the hook EVERY time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rubbish.

By your own admission as the above quote, you wanted to chuck in some whataboutery and you could have picked a hundred different contemporary subjects to deflect but as always you went for the Daily Mail (this time from 85 years ago) because it's easy, requires no thought and guaranteed to deflect.. The Daily Mail is leftie version of Godwin's Law. Mention of that newspaper and there's no further need for debate. Gets you off the hook EVERY time.

Poor effort Buzzer, Alf is a serial, dyed in the wool, religious bigot and my post merely highlighted his hypocrisy in highlighting Ant-Semitism while being a sectarian bully. Your use of The Daily Mail, in this post is your deflection tactic !

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Poor effort Buzzer, Alf is a serial, dyed in the wool, religious bigot and my post merely highlighted his hypocrisy in highlighting Ant-Semitism while being a sectarian bully. You use of The Daily Mail, in this post is your deflection tactic !

More nonsense. You were the one who first brought up the Daily Mail. He responded to you. Repeat - you first mentioned the Daily Mail.

That Daily Mail opinion-piece in support for Mosley was written by a journalist who is dead. The newspaper proprietor is dead. The readers who bought the newspaper are all dead. But you're still blaming modern readers and journalists for their sins. That's a bit like a football fan continuing to boycott watching Brighton because Archer and Bellotti used to own us.

You claim to want to highlight double-standards - so why not refer to one of the relevant players in this debate? The Daily Mail are a bit-part element. Why not highlight perceived double standards from the Board of Deputies, the JLM, from John Mann and other anti-Corbyn Labour MPs? Surely that would be more persuasive. But no, you went for a pretty irrelevant voice in all this - the Daily Mail because as I say, you cannot help yourself.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having blocked various people who use NSC only for political campaigning and/or political trolling, it saddens me to see two sensible people, [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] squabbling over who has or hasn't 'whatabouted'. Meanwhile others are sitting back, rubbing their hands together, and laughing.

Everybody knows that some of the thicker elements in the labour party regard the state of Israel as illegal, and don't know the difference between an Israeli and a Jew. Nor do they understand what Zionism means. But when they are down the organic pub with their mates, nobody stops them when they conflate the issues and start venting against the 'conspiracy'.

I stopped talking politics with one of my brothers many years ago when he allowed his distress for the plight of Palestinians to wash into an anti Israel posture that quickly degenerated into statements I suspect he now regrets making.

Anyway, this is a labour bashing thread, whose title is both 'shouty' and false, and whose purpose is to list the sins of labour and mock anyone who says 'yes, but', let alone the faux labour troll ernest (who I have blocked) who deliberately posts 'whataboutism' in order to attract mockers. Come on you sensible people - don't feed the trolls - just block them!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
More nonsense. You were the one who first brought up the Daily Mail. He responded to you. Repeat - you first mentioned the Daily Mail.

That Daily Mail opinion-piece in support for Mosley was written by a journalist who is dead. The newspaper proprietor is dead. The readers who bought the newspaper are all dead. But you're still blaming modern readers and journalists for their sins. That's a bit like a football fan continuing to boycott watching Brighton because Archer and Bellotti used to own us.

You claim to want to highlight double-standards - so why not refer to one of the relevant players in this debate? The Daily Mail are a bit-part element. Why not highlight perceived double standards from the Board of Deputies, the JLM, from John Mann and other anti-Corbyn Labour MPs? Surely that would be more persuasive. But no, you went for a pretty irrelevant voice in all this - the Daily Mail because as I say, you cannot help yourself.

I merely highlighted The Mail because after the headlines of anti-Semitism had subsided across all the main newspapers only the Mail continued to front page headline the issue while ALL the others had moved on to more recent breaking stories. Why would only the Mail feel this is an issue that needs constant recycling ? I wonder why ? I also note that you can't argue against Alf being a serial bigot so overlook that as usual ? I can choose to not mention the Mail from now on but Alfs, hypocrisy as a sectarian bully with a grudge that goes back BEYOND the Mail's scurrilous past remains.

Might I add that Alf is well able to look after himself when it comes to " debates " with me on here so he has no need for you to fight his corner.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Having blocked various people who use NSC only for political campaigning and/or political trolling, it saddens me to see two sensible people, [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] squabbling over who has or hasn't 'whatabouted'. Meanwhile others are sitting back, rubbing their hands together, and laughing.

Everybody knows that some of the thicker elements in the labour party regard the state of Israel as illegal, and don't know the difference between an Israeli and a Jew. Nor do they understand what Zionism means. But when they are down the organic pub with their mates, nobody stops them when they conflate the issues and start venting against the 'conspiracy'.

I stopped talking politics with one of my brothers many years ago when he allowed his distress for the plight of Palestinians to wash into an anti Israel posture that quickly degenerated into statements I suspect he now regrets making.

Anyway, this is a labour bashing thread, whose title is both 'shouty' and false, and whose purpose is to list the sins of labour and mock anyone who says 'yes, but', let alone the faux labour troll ernest (who I have blocked) who deliberately posts 'whataboutism' in order to attract mockers. Come on you sensible people - don't feed the trolls - just block them!

I think Ernest has always been Labour at least from the old 1st div days when we all hated Thatcher. He just seems to have evolved somewhat into something more opinionated.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thanks HWT ! I've never been called "Sensible " on here before ! I'm feeling quite chuffed ! :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Might I add that Alf is well able to look after himself when it comes to " debates " with me on here so he has no need for you to fight his corner.

Where have I tried to fight his corner? All my posts with you are about your ridiculously stupid original Daily Mail Mosley comment. I've kept it firmly on that topic despite you trying to deflect further by bringing others into it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where have I tried to fight his corner? All my posts with you are about your ridiculously stupid original Daily Mail Mosley comment. I've kept it firmly on that topic despite you trying to deflect further by bringing others into it.

You seem to have taken up the cudgels on his behalf for a comment I made in reply to one of his posts long back. And given the context of the title of this thread, how can my Daily Mail / Mosely comment seem ridiculously stupid ? I think you may be forgetting the point here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You seem to have taken up the cudgels on his behalf for a comment I made in reply to one of his posts long back. And given the context of the title of this thread, how can my Daily Mail / Mosely comment seem ridiculously stupid ? I think you may be forgetting the point here.

I'm not forgetting any point. I can't be bothered with whatever beef you have with someone else. You made an irrelevant comment about a dead journalist's opinion of Oswald Mosley and that's what I responded to.

Regards your Daily Mail comments - I've explained about 3 or 4 times now why they are monumentally stupid. I really can't be arsed to rephrase it yet another time. The fact that even after my repeated explanations, you dragging an argument with someone else into this, me telling you that it's not about that and then you keep going on about it just shows that either I'm not making myself clear or you are choosing to ignore me. Either way I'm done with trying to explain why using an 85 year old opinion-piece as any kind of rebuff is plain silly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not forgetting any point. I can't be bothered with whatever beef you have with someone else. You made an irrelevant comment about a dead journalist's opinion of Oswald Mosley and that's what I responded to.

Regards your Daily Mail comments - I've explained about 3 or 4 times now why they are monumentally stupid. I really can't be arsed to rephrase it yet another time. The fact that even after my repeated explanations, you dragging an argument with someone else into this, me telling you that it's not about that and then you keep going on about it just shows that either I'm not making myself clear or you are choosing to ignore me. Either way I'm done with trying to explain why using an 85 year old opinion-piece as any kind of rebuff is plain silly.

Sorry to remind you, as I'm obviously not making myself clear, It was the owner and proprietor of the Daily Mail who voiced his effusive support for Hitler, Mosely and Fascism not the work of a random journalist or latter day Katie Hopkins or John Gaunt, it was for many years the ethos of the paper, and the grandfather of the current owner. It's always important to remember where and when the worst anti-Semitism reared its head .

Jan 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here