Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a season that could go either way and we need to start a) taking our chances and b) getting the rub of a green just a little bit more. We're probably doing about as well as we would have done under Hughton at this point - but maybe a little more cause for optimism as I think there's far more scope for the occasional 'surprise' result with the way we now play. I think letting Andone go was a risk too far despite his flaws - but hopefully Connolly can come good. Keeping Trossard fit is essential.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Really pleased with Potter.

That said, the 7 dropped points at home has all but destroyed the chance of a top 10 finish. Infact, whilst I don’t anticipate us dropping in to the bottom 3, we’re clearly going to spend the season just above that threshold seeing as Norwich, Villa & Sheffield Utd are all looking quite good.
I agree with you about the dropped points. With the 7 extra points we'd today be above Man City in 2nd place and the talk of the Premier League. It would obviously be a "false" position based on favourable early fixtures but it could have happened if we had been just that little bit more potent up front - and then we could realistically be thinking about finishing 10th-12th...

Without the 7 points we are now faced with 15th or 16th being the likely end of season outcome assuming similar levels of performance continue.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
From The Guardian this morning...

“Chalk came up against cheese on the south coast with a meeting of two clubs trying to consolidate their mid-table status by opposite means: Brighton through the pass‑and‑move blueprint of Graham Potter, Burnley by the no-frills ferocity of Dycheball. And as Brighton hogged possession while Burnley sent searching balls towards their strapping forwards, the game largely played out as expected. There was a certain irony, then, that the visitors’ late point came from a move of crisp one-touch passing, Matej Vydra’s flicked lay‑off slammed home superbly by Jeff Hendrick. Brighton’s eight-game winless run at the Amex Stadium may seem like cause for concern but Potter’s early tweak here – switching to a back four after a tepid opening half an hour – and the dominance it heralded suggests that his methods will serve them well in the long run.”

Nice to hear something like that from an independent source and not somebody with Albion tinted spectacles. Fingers crossed they’re right.

kjgood

Alhough I can see the improvement in the style of play from last year and accept that this change will take some time to bed in (Maybe half of the season to bed in) my take is that we drew the game on Saturday because of the more negative substitions that were made late on that handed them the initiative.

Struck me as the same mistake (In my eyes) that we would have made last year.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a season that could go either way and we need to start a) taking our chances and b) getting the rub of a green just a little bit more. We're probably doing about as well as we would have done under Hughton at this point - but maybe a little more cause for optimism as I think there's far more scope for the occasional 'surprise' result with the way we now play. I think letting Andone go was a risk too far despite his flaws - but hopefully Connolly can come good. Keeping Trossard fit is essential.

Andone wanted out. Not good to have a disgruntled player at the club, forced to stay.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've not done bad, but out of the performances we've had, we need more goals, more points and fewer hard luck stories

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

“Chalk came up against cheese on the south coast with a meeting of two clubs trying to consolidate their mid-table status by opposite means: Brighton through the pass‑and‑move blueprint of Graham Potter, Burnley by the no-frills ferocity of Dycheball. And as Brighton hogged possession while Burnley sent searching balls towards their strapping forwards, the game largely played out as expected. There was a certain irony, then, that the visitors’ late point came from a move of crisp one-touch passing, Matej Vydra’s flicked lay‑off slammed home superbly by Jeff Hendrick. Brighton’s eight-game winless run at the Amex Stadium may seem like cause for concern but Potter’s early tweak here – switching to a back four after a tepid opening half an hour – and the dominance it heralded suggests that his methods will serve them well in the long run.”

Nice to hear something like that from an independent source and not somebody with Albion tinted spectacles. Fingers crossed they’re right.

Bit of a simplification to say we switched to a back 4 really.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton

If its in the Guardian this quote could well be written by someone well known on this board who it could be argued has Albion tinted spectacles.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Along with that blatant ridiculous hand ball that wasn't given as a penalty for us, that immediately led to them getting a penalty down the other end. We were decent in that game.

We were. One of the few games at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed that once we belatedly woke up we attacked well and Heaton was quality. Plus the no pen.

But to concede goals at home against a then struggling Burnley side was shocking and also very telling of what was to come. Bmuff took that to another level and the rest is history. We’re led to believe that those pathetic home games led to TB pulling the trigger.

Well the Bournemouth and Cardiff games, but Stains wouldn’t have helped either because we were crap against them as well.

Burnley had 3 attacks, so just felt that march particularly was a travesty.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If its in the Guardian this quote could well be written by someone well known on this board who it could be argued has Albion tinted spectacles.

Someone called Alex Hess, apparently. Is he Ben's Grandad, maybe? Or ERNEST?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
GP will learn from that game no subs were really needed and I’m convinced we would have took the three points on offer Saturday. Ryan needs to improve though this one shot one goal from the opposition is starting to be a concern.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
d6c3035c0980af661a95dced0a0d13a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Being pragmatic.

Defensively we look suspect, up top we haven’t been clinical enough. Murray is misfiring and the jury’s out on all of our new signings.

We are playing more entertaining football and some players (Propper is standing out) are flourishing with more freedom.

It will take another month for us to start really seeing the benefits of Potterball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here