[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Uh oh, more rambling. The senile old woman has escaped again:

SSN
08:56
‘ZAHA COMMITMENT NOT IN QUESTION’

Wilfried Zaha continues to show the same commitment to Crystal Palace since his failed summer exit, manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed.

The 26-year-old winger handed in a transfer request a day before Deadline Day. Hodgson says Palace were prepared to allow Zaha to leave but Arsenal and Everton failed to meet their £80m valuation for the Ivory Coast international.

"With Wilf, I don't think anyone was thinking we definitely must block him because we want our best player still with us," Hodgson said.

"We understood that if a really big offer comes his way and a much bigger club than Crystal Palace want him, and he is desperate to go, we are going to have to try and do some kind of deal.

"The unfortunate thing for Wilf is that offer did not come his way from the sort of club that he would want. I think Steve Parish has made that clear to Wilf and they've thrashed that side of it out.

"As a result it is not a major problem for me with Wilf coming back, having accepted the situation. The way he works here is just the same as it was. Since the first day he has been mature about it."

Fukk's sake just say "Despite being disappointed he did not get the move he wanted in the summer he has been a model professional". Ah well just confirm he was immature over the summer then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Uh oh, more rambling. The senile old woman has escaped again:

SSN
08:56
‘ZAHA COMMITMENT NOT IN QUESTION’

Wilfried Zaha continues to show the same commitment to Crystal Palace since his failed summer exit, manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed.

The 26-year-old winger handed in a transfer request a day before Deadline Day. Hodgson says Palace were prepared to allow Zaha to leave but Arsenal and Everton failed to meet their £80m valuation for the Ivory Coast international.

"With Wilf, I don't think anyone was thinking we definitely must block him because we want our best player still with us," Hodgson said.

"We understood that if a really big offer comes his way and a much bigger club than Crystal Palace want him, and he is desperate to go, we are going to have to try and do some kind of deal.

"The unfortunate thing for Wilf is that offer did not come his way from the sort of club that he would want. I think Steve Parish has made that clear to Wilf and they've thrashed that side of it out.

"As a result it is not a major problem for me with Wilf coming back, having accepted the situation. The way he works here is just the same as it was. Since the first day he has been mature about it."

Fukk's sake just say "Despite being disappointed he did not get the move he wanted in the summer he has been a model professional". Ah well just confirm he was immature over the summer then.

All that rubbish about Arsenal being his boyhood team? Pull the other one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1173130329781145600[/tweet]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm just going to leave this here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Love the fact he seems utterly clueless about football but creates football videos anyway.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why? I know Spurs are the first team for these comedy "ultras" but do Spurs allow them to have the pick of the seats too? I didn't think Spurs were that "village", tbh.

I guess that would depend if spurs thought a bunch of laughable nobheads dressed in black were vital to their atmosphere and brand identity...

It's almost embarrassing just how pathetic palace actually are.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must've missed this from last week.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-more-heartache-in-season-ahead-a4233786.html

HODGSON WARNS OF MORE HEARTACHE IN SEASON AHEAD

Roy Hodgson has warned Crystal Palace fans there will likely be a bit of "suffering and heartache" at Selhurst Park this season.

The Eagles have made a decent start to the season, following a disappointing defeat at Sheffield United with their first Premier League victory at Manchester United and a home win over Aston Villa.

Palace finished 12th last season but after a summer of limited spending Hodgson says he cannot be certain of any improvement.

Speaking at a Palace for Life event, Hodgson said: "Fans would like to hear 'yeah it's going to be a great season, we've finished roughly in the middle of the table the last couple of seasons, we're going to go on and do much better than that'.

"I would like to say that to you, but if I'm realistic I'm not certain I can. I think staying in the Premier League is always going to be the be all and end all for us and always going to be a fight, a bit of suffering. There's not going to be rainbows and blue skies and rose coloured spectacles all the way through. There's going to be plenty of fighting and heartache along the way, because in truth we know we've become a bit of a standing joke now within certain quarters, and it's not easy to turn that perception around".

He added: "I would like to think this club has a fanbase and a supporter base which isn't totally dependent on us being in the Premier League and getting into Champions League place, because to be quite honest, that's going to ask an awful lot of our owners to give the sort of money and financial backing that you need now."

"Unfortunately the reality is that I'm currently forced to play a striker who makes Benny from Crossroads look dangerous, and I'm still completely reliant on a stroppy, whiney, bug-eyed gudgeon with the balance of a Weeble, who has made it perfectly clear he would rather be turning out for a 2nd eleven in Benghazi than spend another minute on the pitch in our gaudy jesters outfit. I wish someone would chuck me a pissing bone here".

Palace return to Premier League action following the international break this weekend, travelling across the capital to face Tottenham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here