Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
25 players over 21 this morning, 26 if Crofts counts.

Imagine Ahannach had not been rushed out on loan to USG this morning.

Andone goes, still 25 senior players registered on the books, no free agent allowed.

Luckily Ahannach has gone... free agents are us.

Right, but that supposes that the club have only just discovered that Crofts counts or they weren't going to name him in the squad at all and he couldn't have helped out with the U23s as the club announced.

Doesn't it?

Sorry - I'm still struggling here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Clueless from the club if this is true.

Questions would have to be asked as to whether potter can handle premier league players if we have let another go for no good reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
25 players over 21 this morning, 26 if Crofts counts.

Imagine Ahannach had not been rushed out on loan to USG this morning.
[MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will still be telling us that Bloom purchase of USG absolutely won’t be used as a feeder club for Brighton benefit ;-)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Right, but that supposes that the club have only just discovered that Crofts counts or they weren't going to name him in the squad at all and he couldn't have helped out with the U23s as the club announced.

Doesn't it?

Sorry - I'm still struggling here.

Regardless of that, who the hell would we want from the list of players without a club ? None improve our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Will save us about 5 Reds this season I reckon, his underhand tactics off the ball wont be so easy to get away with

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can Alzate or Băluţă play up front?
No evidence to suggest they can, or want to; or that anybody's going to try to play them in that position.

Or step forward Bojan Radulovic.
Very promising so far, but probably not quite there yet.

Actually, if this rumour turns out to be true, and if it des happen, it will raise an interesting question. The club always emphasised that CH had the last word in all transfers, and agreed with every one of them. Yet it has to be said that he used his expensive new recruits, how shall we say? - 'sparingly' I think would sum it up. This lead to all sorts of speculation about how CH only trusted players who he'd already had in the team for some time and was reluctant to bring in newcomers (this despite the fact that he started our first ever PL match with five players who'd never pulled an Albion shirt on in a competitive match before!), or that he had to satisfy himself that attackers could defend before he trusted them, and that they had to go through seven million (or however many) training sessions before they could be allowed near the first team............

Anyway, one way or another that got him sacked ................................ and then along comes Potter, with something of a reputation for turning sows' ears into silk purses - and promptly out go some of those expensive signings (that CH is alleged to have had the last word about). So, was Hughton right in not playing them enough (I'm not going all team Hughton here, btw - I was shocked and saddened when he was given the boot, but - The King is dead, long live The King; I'm team Potter now), did he really have the last word, or was the recruitment team not actually sourcing the right players - or the ones that the manager wanted anyway?

....or maybe this rumour's just bollocks ..................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perfect opportunity for Percy Tau......

Tau vs Andone in the Champions League while we are flapping around with Murray up front

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Got you

We can only sign a free agent IF we don’t have 25 senior players ? If we have 25 ... no dice ?
Yes ! The rule is that you have to use a senior player on the books at the club if there is one, rather than a new free agent.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Strange the Ahannach thing - I can’t say I follow all the ins and outs of the rules around the Premier League squad....but is something else happening?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Regardless of that, who the hell would we want from the list of players without a club ? None improve our squad.

Genuinely no idea, but there is always the chance a club would release a player, making them a free agent, in order that they can then sign for another club.

Pretty much what we did with Hemed and Charlton in fact.

(No, I don't have any knowledge on this at all)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Clueless from the club if this is true.

Questions would have to be asked as to whether potter can handle premier league players if we have let another go for no good reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Go away you Palace troll

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst I’m disappointed he’s going as I rate Andone, I don’t get the concern re: squad strength at all.

We’re basically playing 1 man up front which we’ve still got Maupay, Murray and Connolly to cover. You don’t need more than that. Whilst we don’t know exactly how Connolly will get on yet, GP obviously has a lot of faith in him and that’s enough for me.

In the wide attacking positions we’ve got Trossard, March, Gross, Ali J, Izquierdo, Alzate, and Mooy who can all play there plus any other U23’s we might be thinking of promoting. We’re fine for cover as far as I can see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here