Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Christ there is some serious overreacting going on today. We'll be fine in my opinion. Disappointing day but go down to 10 men early doors in this league and you will likely lose. I'm just glad we lost whilst still, on the whole, playing well and creating chances rather than shutting up shop after the red and still losing

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Jesus ****ing Christ...

(PNG Image, 500 × 566 pixels).png

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
So things are settling down to something a little more realistic now. Feeling pretty furious just now but will feel better once the dust settles. Lots to feel confident about.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't know about anyone else, but I have to say, as disappointed as I am that we lost, I am delighted with the way we are playing.

It's soothing the pain quite considerably for me tbh.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
How did Burn get MoTM? Was bad today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose he was... If you mistook him for someone else.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So disappointing. We’ll be fine this season but Andone needs sorting- simply can’t be risked starting which isn’t ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I have never been so confident about staying up in the Premier League.

We have looked great in all 3 games this season.

Andone's red cost us, otherwise we would have surely won it today - just one of those days, onwards and upwards.

Agree, all 3 games we could so easily have 9 points now.

We also stayed in it and I always feel we can get back into the game now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was daylight robbery, from the first to the last. Unbelievable .Andone the complete idiot can take the blame for it.

Two things struck me and in my own opinion, when is an elbow to the neck not a sending off? Well, today obviously. Why does a handball, clearly handball, in the penalty area not get sent to VAR? That ref was absolute shit. Southampton won't struggle but they got away with one today.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Agree, all 3 games we could so easily have 9 points now.

We also stayed in it and I always feel we can get back into the game now.

And that is a small cause for concern. We have missed an opportunity to get some cheap points on the board. Could be costly later on. I suspect we'll be fine but it will be some time before we know.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Real shame. Not all negatives though. We are competing and have a good team. Time for Potter to earn his salt. Can we get anything at Man City?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That was daylight robbery, from the first to the last. Unbelievable .Andone the complete idiot can take the blame for it.

Two things struck me and in my own opinion, when is an elbow to the neck not a sending off? Well, today obviously. Why does a handball, clearly handball, in the penalty area not get sent to VAR? That ref was absolute shit. Southampton won't struggle but they got away with one today.

Yes - those two decisions annoyed me as well. What is VAR for if it doesn't flag up these?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have any of the "Locadia and Jahanbaksh will be like men reborn this season" brigade reappraised their view yet?

Florin won't be popular in the changing room. Undoubtedly cost the game.

Embarrassed for you having to wait until we lose before you reappear with your negativity.

Hopefully Hughton will get a job soon and you can support whoever he goes to, everyone happy

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We desparately need to improve on our finishing. Last week we missed quite a few. We played well and I thought DB deserved man of the match. Stephens had a much better game than Propper so in surprised he came off.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here