Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Omsung Phine phut

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My samsung j3 has stopped reading its SIM card so it won't make or receive phone calls or texts. The only error message is a no data notification (small circle with a diagonal line through it). There is no network issue, the wifi on the phone is ok, and the sim card works elsewhere (currently loaded in an ancient Nokia which can text and call).

Car phone warehouse suggested it is a problem with the phone and I should take it to a Samsung shop to be looked at as it is still under guarantee. Dr Google is not much help. I don't want to mess with it in case I make it worse.

Is this an easy quick fix, or possibly terminal? I don't want to be without it longer than necessary?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought this was about to be a thread about an exciting new Korean striker we were going to sign :(

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get one of these.

attachment.php

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Rather than ask Carehome Whorehouse, you should contact the Omsung Tech Support directly.

Their details are: [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Boing

Anyone got an idea?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
First things that come to mind:

Go to: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Click 'Select Automatically'
This will reset your connection.

Failing that, consider cleaning the sim card and blowing hard into the sim insert in the phone to remove any potential dust/debris.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
First things that come to mind:

Go to: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Click 'Select Automatically'
This will reset your connection.

Failing that, consider cleaning the sim card and blowing hard into the sim insert in the phone to remove any potential dust/debris.
Tried that but the mobile networks screen was blank, so must be something more fundamental.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread has reminded me that I don't recall seeing posts from bensgrandad of late. He is still around isn't he?

He has been posting during the last few days. I even gave him a couple of thumbs up.

Hang on . . . .they were good sensible posts.....???

(sorry BG - couldn't resist).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here