Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Do you remember the night of 31st December 1999. We had been told for ages to expect the dread millennium bug. People stockpiled food, drugs, all sorts. What happened? Nothing, or very close to nothing. It would be exactly the same for a WTO deal. We have nothing to fear from this at all.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
If i put an offer in on a house and then subsequently the survey reveled the house had subsidence and was falling apart i wouldn't continue with the purchase.

Knowledge is power and we ALL (both sides) know a lot more now. Let's all have a more educated referendum. No one is going to end up happy with path we are currently on (especially Brexiters) There are so many different agreements that could be had just among the leavers vote.

This one of he most crucial forks in the road for his country in decades. Let's all not just jump off the cliff for the sake of it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting that even on this poll which is asking will it happen we have come out at 52:48. Peoples views are firmly entrenched.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

Adolf Hitler.

I think Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson have shown this to completely true.

Well done on finding this appropriate gem.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Interesting that even on this poll which is asking will it happen we have come out at 52:48. Peoples views are firmly entrenched.

Yeah, probably the biggest impediment to getting a remain vote in a second referendum. If we were only having the first referendum now, to vote on what the government was doing, I'm pretty sure it would be 60-40 remain or even more. But there will be a lot of people who will stick to their first vote whatever they think of whats happening, because that just human nature

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you remember the night of 31st December 1999. We had been told for ages to expect the dread millennium bug. People stockpiled food, drugs, all sorts. What happened? Nothing, or very close to nothing. It would be exactly the same for a WTO deal. We have nothing to fear from this at all.
I have to point out that for the millennium bug there was thousands of millions of man hours invested in fixing any problems in advance. *No deal brexit* - not so much.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is why I've asked my MP for a legally binding second referendum with the three clear options on the table. I will accept the outcome.

Did he say when he would sort that out for you? Guess we will find out the result on here at some point.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
No. I think the reality of the situation will mean that there is a rethink. Most likely will be EFTA, but failing that a second ref.

I would judge EFTA to be still EU, based on the fact that we have to be part of it's laws.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes yes,
Dear dear,
Perhaps next year,
Or maybe even never...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1085297084302012416[/TWEET]

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
[TWEET]1085297084302012416[/TWEET]

They also have a market on the first items to be rationed during 2019 [FYI odds are Fuel rationing at 7/1 - Milk at 11/1 and amongst the others an outsider; Mars Bars to be rationed at 150/1]

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I have to pull you up on your declarative statements here. Your statement on 'biggest lies' lacks any foundation in facts:

Partly because you cannot know whether it is lies or not till we leave. Remainers have predicted what will happen. This may be correct or not. You cannot say their predictions are lies.

You are also making a false statement because the leave promises are proven lies:

The eyewatering amounts of money we will get for the NHS

The end to 'out of EU' migration (which we already control 100%)

Turkey joining the EU in the next few years, soon to be followed by Iraq and Iran (I have the leafelets for 'official leave' still and posted png pix on NSC at the time).

And the fact that Brexit has not been possible to enact, despite the best efforts of Mrs May, and Boris and Davies who flounced rather then seal a deal.

I am a bif fan of logic and reason.....so how can a second referendum be not democratic because people would not turn out to vote? There is an argument that a second vote may not be democratic but this isn't the reason. It is a possible consequence. As a matter of interest, you do realise that 'leave' was carried by fewer han 50% of the electorate don't you? This is because (and you may have to brace yourself here) not everyone turned out to vote. With respect to the generation of a position based on whimsy versus reason and logic, I refer you to chocolate tea pots and rubber bicycles.

I am thinking about starting a poll on whether we should not require an examination before people are allowed to vote. If the nation were to have a referendum on this, and the nation votes 'yes', we could then democratically exclude a number of people from the electoral register. Would you accept the outcome of such a referendum, I wonder?

We were told of the disaster we would have the day after the referendum. That did not materialise, just like what we were told when we didn't join the ERM. No doom then and like you have accepted you can't know what will happen 100% in the future.

The proven lies you state, you have posted were taken apart by the media at the time. Pressure will continue for more money for the NHS.

We voted for change to leave the EU, there will be disruption, managing change is key.

No deal, if nothing else can be sensibly arranged, sets us on the path which the rest of the world trade with the EU. And we will have £39 billion to incentivise business to stay and excel through known business practice of finding new market (trade deals with the world) and perhaps some will diversify. New business will emerge quickly if the government handle things correctly. Entrepreneurs will make parts for cars that are currently made in the EU.etc..

It is a change that is causing fear to remain voters. It will be different, there will be some chaos, but in the end we will be stronger for it.

Why would people need to be examined before voting? Just because someone doesn't agree with your side of the debate, it does not mean they are less entitled to have an opinion or that they are mentally unsafe to make a decision. (A petition to leave no deal has over 334,000 votes) This is how we end up with democracy. I respect your side of the debate, you are entitled to your viewpoint but you lost and Leave won.

I will leave you here because arguing about it changes nothing. We will continue to disagree...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Utter nonsense. NSC has always been about 65% - 70% remain. I voted yes because i think it will happen but would vote remain in another referendum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here