Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My verdict, clinical finishing

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Agreed, patronising and sounds like they have ideas well above their station. Only 10 games in and it sounds like they should be putting away little old plucky Brighton without breaking sweat...

I think they might be buying too much into their own hype, they could certainly do with coming down a peg or two :shrug:

They seem to forget that it was only a couple of years ago that they were playing Crawley Town on a wet Tuesday night in league one. Deluded tw*ts

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There's not many clubs that can withstand these hideous onslaughts and we won't be so lucky for much longer,but the points are in the bag and it's clear CH wants negative defensive football !!
Teams can’t break us down it might be shit to watch but that is fact. No luck involved.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wolves were naive. Weak. We did a job on them without working up a sweat. A bit too careless at times, but Wolves did not have the busfare. Fact.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wolves are fortunate to be in the top half of the table. They condemn us for playing hoofball yet they've only scored 9 goals and their strikers look toothless. You need to bring more to the party if you want to get the better of Dunk and Duffy, and if you leave Murray unmarked you pay the price.

They'll be fine because there's some rubbish at the foot of the table but it will be interesting to see who finishes higher out of them or us. There, much will depend on if they sign strikers in January and if Andone is any good for us.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
They are a tippy tappy team that were flaccid up front. It was not pretty and we were not at our best, but the facts are, our defenders were better then theirs (clean sheet) our striker were better then theirs (scored a goal) they can have all the other stats they like but the only one that maters is the three points we got and the zero they got. Job done

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
They were great today so I understand their frustration. We would probably have lost this game last season which shows how we've matured as a Prem side. It wasn't pretty but effective, as our last 3 performances have shown.
It's all well & good trying to play exciting & attacking football but sometimes you need to learn how to win ugly. Look at Fulham....28 goals conceded but they're good to watch..... where would you rather be?
Wolves will be fine this season as they have some real quality, they just need to accept that it won't always work every week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's not many clubs that can withstand these hideous onslaughts and we won't be so lucky for much longer,but the points are in the bag and it's clear CH wants negative defensive football !!

I’m pretty sure he wants them pinging passes to each other and playing with confidence. I doubt he actually wants them putting balls out of play and not stringing consecutive passes to each other. Pretty clear they got a dressing down at HT with the wingers much further up the pitch. He didn’t want it at home to MU, and we were positive and attacking - a lot comes down to players performance. Find this whole denigrating if Hughton really boring tbh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They seem to forget that it was only a couple of years ago that they were playing Crawley Town on a wet Tuesday night in league one. Deluded tw*ts

You wouldnt think that if you heard their muppet fans singing outside the Away end after the game "The Wolves are on their way back to the top."

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Did the job on them. Thought we had the best chances overall, only one that they should have taken in first half (Doherty?).

Wasn't particularly nervous, fairly obvious they weren't going to break us down, toothless up front.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wow, they do rate themselves a bit!

It was not the prettiest BHA performance but I am happy with 14 points and new players still bedding in. Happy days.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Very much like the West Ham comments - I'd rather lose playing like that than watch boring Brighton every week - Personally I'm very happy watching a tactical and defensive masterclass every week.
And don't forget all this without having to play the offside trap

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Change the record. You don't even go.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Shots on target do not tell the whole story Duffy was a slightly better directed header away from scoring and Izzy and Knockys poor decision making on the break could easily have put the game to bed.

The self entitled superstars of wolves huffed and puffed but we stood firm let them whine all they want it makes the 3 points taste even sweeter

Oh and whilst we are at at what’s all the fuss about that Coady got bullied by Murray all game while Lewis showed them why he got the call up

.....oh and watching Traore fall over running with the ball was funniest thing I have seen at the Amex for a long time!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here