Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fair enough. I thought Millwall were “family club of the year” so what safety concerns? Basically saying they can’t control their own fans.
there was trouble at the Everton game too, so police unlikely to relent. Probably want to avoid evening kos for same reason. Sat lunch would make most sense given trains.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
For a game where if Millwall win a pitch invasion is a possibility I would be shocked if the police allow the lower tier to be opened. I’ve sat in the lower tier for one league game but it was only one block if I recall.

Millwall will be on the pitch whatever the result.
The last time they opened the lower tier was for a tie against Leicester City.
You can guess what happened.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
there was trouble at the Everton game too, so police unlikely to relent. Probably want to avoid evening kos for same reason. Sat lunch would make most sense given trains.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Everton and Millwall have history going back many years. Inevitable the Met would restrict Everton’s allocation for a 5.30 KO. Hopefully we’ll get some or all of the lower tier.
Given it’ll be four games across four days you’d expect each match to be shown at a time to maximise tv audience numbers. So evening ko’s on Friday and Monday (obviously) and teatime on Sat and Sun? Wolves and Man Utd probably being the BBC Sunday pick.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Done Millwall twice before and I have absolutely no desire to go a 3rd time. I'm working so I'll save an A/L day just incase we are victorious.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It hopfully be a good opportunity to see how Juri Is getting on thought he was a good championship standard player who lost a bit of pace but always an honest player

Jimmy Grimble

My money’s on Saturday/Sunday lunch time.

Everton and Millwall have history going back many years. Inevitable the Met would restrict Everton’s allocation for a 5.30 KO. Hopefully we’ll get some or all of the lower tier.
Given it’ll be four games across four days you’d expect each match to be shown at a time to maximise tv audience numbers. So evening ko’s on Friday and Monday (obviously) and teatime on Sat and Sun? Wolves and Man Utd probably being the BBC Sunday pick.
1973 Everton v Millwall went bad for the wall.
1976 6th Rd at home to Ipswich also went bad for Millwall.???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
15% of capacity = 3,000

However away end behind goal can hold 4,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can actually hold almost 5,000 - However the segregation at each end and the fact that police directive means they won't open the lower tier of the North Stand. The allocation will be between 2,800 and 3,000

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What is the point in them having that lower tier if they never open it? I really can’t believe we are that threatening that there is a genuine reason for the police to stop them opening it. I bet they do though.

It follows a police directive after a League Cup match against Liverpool where Liverpool fans ripped up the seats and threw them on to the pitch and at fans in the lower West Stand and some fans were able to reach each other from the lower tiers.

I think its right that the lower tiers don't get opened

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It follows a police directive after a League Cup match against Liverpool where Liverpool fans ripped up the seats and threw them on to the pitch and at fans in the lower West Stand and some fans were able to reach each other from the lower tiers.

I think its right that the lower tiers don't get opened

Even for Brighton though? We’re hardly the most threatening bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here