Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Zone 6 Train station London

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
All this messing about at half term with the trains, I am travelling with family to London and might as well drive to zone 6. I am going from Seaford, need some advice which is closest/ easiest station in zone 6 to get too and has a good carpark to leave car overnight.

Thanks in advance to the good people of NSC

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All this messing about at half term with the trains, I am travelling with family to London and might as well drive to zone 6. I am going from Seaford, need some advice which is closest/ easiest station in zone 6 to get too and has a good carpark to leave car overnight.

Whereabouts in London ? I’ve driven in quite a few times for various reasons and have found North Greenwich perfect (Z2 not Z6). Big (well lit and safe) car park, not stupidly expensive and great Jubilee Line links - not a bad drive from Sussex either - easier than some of the ‘closer’ tube stations.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure of the route from Seaford, but Morden works for us if we're going to a London gig midweek from Worthing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

There's a map showing Zone 6 stations here. Not sure which ones would be easiest for you to get to / have good car parks

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rail-and-tube-services-map.pdf

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We often drive to Purley and get Zone 6 tickets from there. Although to be fair we have the advantage of my sister-in-law living there so get free parking on her drive which is a 5 minute walk to the station.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Easiest Zone 6 station for you to drive to would be Caterham, straight up the A22. The trains from Caterham take about 45 minutes to get to Victoria so not the speediest. You could park in station car park or use justpark. Alternatively you could drive a little further to Purley or Redhill and get a faster train. Just go on Google maps and use the streetview feature to check out the roads surrounding the station and look at the signs regarding the parking.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If you aren't going up too early (i.e. post 10am) then parking at Westfield in Stratford is a cheap way to do it. £6.something fro 24 hours or £5 if you sign up to their automatic parking. They are happy for you to leave you car for up to 48 hours without letting them know.

15 minutes to the West End by the tube.

If its earlier than that then expect ~30 mins to get through the Blackwall Tunnel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you aren't going up too early (i.e. post 10am) then parking at Westfield in Stratford is a cheap way to do it. £6.something fro 24 hours or £5 if you sign up to their automatic parking. They are happy for you to leave you car for up to 48 hours without letting them know.

15 minutes to the West End by the tube.

If its earlier than that then expect ~30 mins to get through the Blackwall Tunnel.

...would go for North Greenwich instead to avoid crossing the river........

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No - but decent value at £11 all day. Worth the extra to avoid the tunnel.

Yep agreed. Especially with a car full of kids.

Out of interest where is that? Last time I parked that side of the water I was a resident of a hotel and they still charged me £25!! Was £50 for non residents.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep agreed. Especially with a car full of kids.

Out of interest where is that? Last time I parked that side of the water I was a resident of a hotel and they still charged me £25!! Was £50 for non residents.

Literally right next to North Greenwich station (across the road from the main entrance). Have used it several times, usually when I've needed to drive to work and off elsewhere afterwards

The pricing is odd - it's £11 all day (24 hours) but £25 if you just want to park for the evening (I think to align with O2 parking charges for gig-goers)

https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/north-greenwich-stn-lul/

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Sevenoaks is a decent option. Just off the M25 and regular trains to London that take c25 mins. Car park about £7 for a day.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Coulsdon South is the first station inside zone 6 i think coming up from the south. No car park there but a fair bit of street parking east of the station, platform 2 side of the track.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Coulsdon South is the first station inside zone 6 i think coming up from the south. No car park there but a fair bit of street parking east of the station, platform 2 side of the track.

.......with a roughly 50/50 chance of your car being there, undamaged, when you get back :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

No car park? there was one just a few mins walk away up until about seven or eight years ago when l last used it. Maybe it has been built on since.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Morden £5 all day

Right at the end of the Northern line and only ten minutes from M25!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here