Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coca Cola Premier League Advert.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Cannot believe that with the damage that sugary drinks can cause, they are still allowed to partnership like this with professional sport.

Brands like Coca Cola and McDonalds should be nowhere near sport.

Maybe, but then we couldn't have signed CKR "The Coco Cola Kid" back in the Withdean years.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Cannot believe that with the damage that sugary drinks can cause, they are still allowed to partnership like this with professional sport.

Brands like Coca Cola and McDonalds should be nowhere near sport.

There are multiple millions of US$ that are being paid by these US companies to the Premier League that without that money the league would be nowhere near the quality that it is today.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
There are multiple millions of US$ that are being paid by these US companies to the Premier League that without that money the league would be nowhere near the quality that it is today.

That's alright then. That's much important than our children having junk food adverts shoved down their throats

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
That's alright then. That's much important than our children having junk food adverts shoved down their throats

They would find another way to advertise if it wasn't through the PL. The reason these companies can spend so much on adverts is because we as consumers desire their products so much and are willing to pay the demanded price for them. Do you really think that hamburgers and coke cost as much as they are priced to produce them?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They would find another way to advertise if it wasn't through the PL. The reason these companies can spend so much on adverts is because we as consumers desire their products so much and are willing to pay the demanded price for them. Do you really think that hamburgers and coke cost as much as they are priced to produce them?

I understand all that, thanks.

Much like when booze and tobacco was removed from the sporting world, the same should happen, IMHO, with betting and unhealthy food/drink. I'm not stupid enough to think that multinatiional corporations won't find a way to advertise - I just think there should be legislation to ban advertising in sport.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Er, an actor?

Those dastardly marketing people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my first thought, after all anyone can just pull on some Albion clobber and have a picture taken of themselves.

More to the point for me though, is where is that establishment he is standing outside? they seem to have some interesting Albion objet d'art in the window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here