Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WBA replay

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rumour going round reply will be shown live on BBC TV

This is great news for those of us who will not be able to travel to the replay although I do fear it might make the travelling audience numbers suffer, 1,500-2,000??? Hopefully tickets are once again priced sensibly and West Brom don't just see a PL club is turning up and whack the prices up knowing they're going to get a lot of interest for this game in any case.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
This is great news for those of us who will not be able to travel to the replay although I do fear it might make the travelling audience numbers suffer, 1,500-2,000??? Hopefully tickets are once again priced sensibly and West Brom don't just see a PL club is turning up and whack the prices up knowing they're going to get a lot of interest for this game in any case.

Ticket prices are the same as the first game.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/january/brighton-fa-cup-replay-ticket-information/

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The bluest and whitest of tinted specs are required in order to see the quality of that match in any other light than 'poor'.

Poor yes, but I have read adjectives such abject, and so much hyperbole, I felt I had to try to redress the balance.
I have watched many games where we didn't have a single shot on target.
This game we had 24 shots with 7 on target.

My description was frustrating, disappointing, and yes, poor.

SAC

May 21, 2014
That's a great gesture by West Brom, they could easily have tried to cash in on playing a PL side. Should ensure another bumper audience, both home and away fans.

Perhaps there is an agreement between the clubs to match the prices in the event of a replay?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Perhaps there is an agreement between the clubs to match the prices in the event of a replay?

Possibly, all the same it's still a great gesture from West Brom not to raise prices despite the temptation with a PL club arriving.

99% certain this game will be on TV, only other game I'd have thought could possibly be on is Wolverhampton v Shrewsbury and that's now been confirmed as non televised on the Tuesday night.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Possibly, all the same it's still a great gesture from West Brom not to raise prices despite the temptation with a PL club arriving.

99% certain this game will be on TV, only other game I'd have thought could possibly be on is Wolverhampton v Shrewsbury and that's now been confirmed as non televised on the Tuesday night.

Why would they? Its West Brom, the same WBA that were a premier League club last season, who have a pretty good chance of being one next season, we are not one of the glamour clubs bringing our own brand of sparkling football to the deprived masses. We are still a new PL club finding our way for who just surviving is still the aim this year. Our away form is awful and so WBA will probably be thinking they have a very good chance of winning this-and they would be right. For years we have been mocking the "entitled " fans of the PL Clubs, lets not start deluding ourselves that we are bigger than we are, and become the very thing that we pride ourseves on not being

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Why would they? Its West Brom, the same WBA that were a premier League club last season, who have a pretty good chance of being one next season, we are not one of the glamour clubs bringing our own brand of sparkling football to the deprived masses. We are still a new PL club finding our way for who just surviving is still the aim this year. Our away form is awful and so WBA will probably be thinking they have a very good chance of winning this-and they would be right. For years we have been mocking the "entitled " fans of the PL Clubs, lets not start deluding ourselves that we are bigger than we are, and become the very thing that we pride ourseves on not being

Crodo went fishing three times and you finally took the bait!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yes, it shows much possession etc and we dominated, as we should have done. But how would a team end up in the league if they repeatedly dominated, had much possession, many corners etc etc but failed to score. the whingers, as you so condescendingly put it, had every right to whinge. You make out that the so-called whingers are an insufferable minority -not sure where you were sitting on Saturday, but I can assure you that hundreds of fans sitting near me, whinged!

I watched the game and WBA was like watching us away from home. We were played at our own game. I suspect they will have to play a bit more openly at home

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

12.jpg

Landed one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they know that crodo is on board with a bumper catch...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here