Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Re Obi Mikel , Never felt he was a key member of them winning anything, more just happened to be there !!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It hardly started, never mind finished.

Last year on the final day we were told nothing happening...then tried to sign Nick Powell...Lots can change in a window very quickly especially in the last few days...One minute player you like is not available and out of range, next a few transfers elsewhere and bingo! transfer is on... lets see what happens, but on every window thus far, CH ALWAYS plays down any business..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last year on the final day we were told nothing happening...then tried to sign Nick Powell...Lots can change in a window very quickly especially in the last few days...One minute player you like is not available and out of range, next a few transfers elsewhere and bingo! transfer is on... lets see what happens, but on every window thus far, CH ALWAYS plays down any business..

True enough, this time for some reason l happen to believe him though. I rfeally see no reason to spend money at the moment. I think we will bide our time, play out the rest of the season, and then invest in the summer, when more players are available, and for less inflated prices.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After the way our forwards performed yesterday I wouldn’t be upset if we got some more competition in. I had been thinking they were good enough to see the season out, now I’m not so sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cole is 38 and past his best, so I would class more as a 'useful addition' than a game changing signing.

Who, when I suggested him in Jan 2016 was then too old and past it. He has done well from being arguably one of the best left backs in the world and still providing cover for a Championship promotion contenders at 38 years old just 2 months younger than Bruno

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After the way our forwards performed yesterday I wouldn’t be upset if we got some more competition in. I had been thinking they were good enough to see the season out, now I’m not so sure.

Charlie Austin told he can leave Southampton for £4m. He has had injuries but is only 29 so would he be good to bring on with 20 mins to go if a goal is needed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh come on, it was just one game, every player has the odd lapse. I'd say that prior to yesterday the recent performances of both Jurgen Locadia and Florin Andone had been very good, and to be honest l don't think the supply to them yesterday was very good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh come on, it was just one game, every player has the odd lapse. I'd say that prior to yesterday the recent performances of both Jurgen Locadia and Florin Andone had been very good, and to be honest l don't think the supply to them yesterday was very good.

You are right of course, but they were all pretty clueless yesterday and reminded me of Arsenal trying to walk the ball into the net. I like all three forwards who started, so was really disappointed that they hardly conjured a clear opportunity between them. Best shot of the day was that cracker from Stephens. I was convinced we didn’t need strengthening but now I’m not so sure, but as you say it was only one game. We could have done a West Ham or Everton though :wink:

I’ll be surprised if we win the replay though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Alec Iwobi could be allowed to leave Arsenal if they can get Denis Suarez and/or Jamie Rodriguez in, would be a sensational signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here